Bandit 990XP, Morbark 12r or Vermeer BC1000xl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All dealers and repair shops are at least 1.5/2 hours away. Even if the shop was around the corner, thats not a selling point to me in that I don't want to go there, ever, if the machine is running correct. By comparison though, my Vermeer dealer has always been top notch with me, get it in Monday, get it back by Friday, regardless of whats wrong. It helps that I don't work it during the week so no down time but never a problem with service.

Going with the Vermeer.:msp_thumbsup:

Dealer came down with a brand new machine, gave it to me for the week. Used it as much as possible and no matter what I threw at it, it kept going strong. Tier4i Cummins 74 hp. engine and it ran away from the Morbark demo that came down with its tier3 84 hp perkins. For those that have down played the Vermeer for whatever reasons, try one out. The 1000xl has a lot of changes and upgrades from older models. Engine enclosure is all metal, no more fiberglass, exterior air filter with dust bowl, changed variable speed feed wheel to a 3 position switch for the auto feed to work, no more thinking, safety bars that are NOT a big hassle, everything is accessable for maintainence, quiet, lightweight and nothing stopped it. Bulky brush, vines, 12" live pine, 12" willow, kept on going.
Dealer is adding a couple of changes to the machine and came down in price to match the lower price offered on the morbark. No going to try the bandit. Never heard from the rep after he sent me a price so why try? Financing went through Vermeers contact and it should be all mine end of next week.:msp_thumbup:

Going with the Vermeer.:msp_thumbsup:

Dealer came down with a brand new machine, gave it to me for the week. Used it as much as possible and no matter what I threw at it, it kept going strong. Tier4i Cummins 74 hp. engine and it ran away from the Morbark demo that came down with its tier3 84 hp perkins. For those that have down played the Vermeer for whatever reasons, try one out. The 1000xl has a lot of changes and upgrades from older models. Engine enclosure is all metal, no more fiberglass, exterior air filter with dust bowl, changed variable speed feed wheel to a 3 position switch for the auto feed to work, no more thinking, safety bars that are NOT a big hassle, everything is accessable for maintainence, quiet, lightweight and nothing stopped it. Bulky brush, vines, 12" live pine, 12" willow, kept on going.
Dealer is adding a couple of changes to the machine and came down in price to match the lower price offered on the morbark. No going to try the bandit. Never heard from the rep after he sent me a price so why try? Financing went through Vermeers contact and it should be all mine end of next week.:msp_thumbup:
That's great, I am demoing a Vermeer bc1500. With winch and bc1800 with a winch next week. Same here bandit never even called me back, and had a terrible ordeal with them on my other chipper last week, guy at the parts knew nothing and told me to call the maker of the engine! Nice service! Congrats!

Still have my eyes set on a 250xp. I have yet to read anything negative about them, and I hear the dealers around my parts are legit.

That's great, I am demoing a Vermeer bc1500. With winch and bc1800 with a winch next week. Same here bandit never even called me back, and had a terrible ordeal with them on my other chipper last week, guy at the parts knew nothing and told me to call the maker of the engine! Nice service! Congrats!

I find that Nortrax (Ontario Bandit dealers) don't have much information on the chippers they sell.
If you have any technical questions, deal with Bandit direct. I've found that they are more than helpful.

I went and bought the new one but if my old one didn't have the rust and corrosion problems, yes, I probably would have kept it longer. But even with the payments, I have no regrets about buying the new one. I've thrown everything at it and 20+ hours later, no slow downs or issues of any kind. If you don't have one, try one. I'm not easliy parted from my money and this was a no brainer.

I heard that too and thats part of why I bought now. i think it's because of the emissions regs regarding hp from the engines, Tier 4. Mine is a tier4i, an 84 hp Cummins tweaked down to accomodate the regs, lowering the hp to 74 hp. Can't tell the difference though with the smart feed.

Hey Cape if you don't mind me asking what was the price difference between the Vermeer and Bandit?

Congrats Capetrees. I know we have both had our BC1000s for a long time. Someday I'll retire mine. Just repainted it last year so a few more years for mine. Keep me posted on your new BC1000XL I'm very curious how it treats ya. Good Luck!

Mike

Back