Bandit model 90 ignition problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikewhite85

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a '99 with a 45hp duetz. I accidentally broke the ignition switch recently (new one on order) so we temporarily bypassed it by finagling with the wires (Don't know exactly which ones are which. A friend of mine helped me).

Anyway, today my groundie started it and a couple minutes later the machine dies out while in full throttle. I don't know if it has to do with the hotwire job in relation to the murphy switch or what. But this guy has quite a knack for breaking my equipment.

Anyway, I really don't know much about this stuff. It turns over well but doesn't start. I checked the return lines and diesel is still coming through. The battery is good (to make sure I also tried starting it with the battery on my truck) and the fuel tank is full. For some reason I am inclined to think it has something to do with the Murphy switch. The hotwire job has been working well for the last 2 weeks.

Please help! Thanks!

Have you checked the plug in that dis engages the disk and stops the engine from starting when your changing or sharpening blades. I only ask cause i've done this before. Not even sure if your model has this.

Have you checked the plug in that dis engages the disk and stops the engine from starting when your changing or sharpening blades. I only ask cause i've done this before. Not even sure if your model has this.

Yes. That's actually how I initially broke the ignition switch a couple weeks ago! It was unplugged and I finagled around with it and ended up dropping it and breaking it.

You know, I think there might be a little fuse in the murphy switch. I am gonna go check it out.

Back