Bandit Stump Grinders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bandit stump grinder

there grinders are a copy of carltons .jp carlton was a big dealer for bandit .and decied why not get in on the action they already have the strong name rec. and a large customer base .kinda srewed carlton but i guess its just busz. :rolleyes:

Well, Carlton decided to make chippers so I guess Bandit figured two can play the same game. All this competition can only make better products and deals for us, the consumers.

Koa Man said:
All this competition can only make better products and deals for us, the consumers.

Absolutely. The price of equipment is one of the biggest factors slowing down a company's growth.

I clicked the link, but it says that specs aren't available yet. Darn.

it will have a two way effect cheap equipment will lower prices on work as well IMO

aussie_lopa said:
it will have a two way effect cheap equipment will lower prices on work as well IMO

Not necessarily. You can keep your prices up. I feel if a customer goes to another company strictly because of price, then they weren't really my customer to begin with and not the kind of customer I want anyway. My current customers will wait 3 months for me to get to their trees and will pay what I charge because they feel I am fair. Many have been with me over 15 years.

customers

bandit made the first move so jp was a counterattack.you must not have a lot of comp.in your area because, here people will not wait that long.they will wait some time but usally want it done sooner then later :)

We have a lot of competition here. The YP under Tree Service has 34 listings, along with a lot of door knockers. I just have an extremely loyal customer base. I told one customer that I couldn't get to her fruit tree during the optium time to prune it and I could get a guy I know who is pretty good to prune it for her. She told me she didn't want to "experiment" and would wait for next year for me to do it. All my customers know I am real busy and will have to wait at least 4 weeks minimum from the time they call, but 6-8 weeks out is more the norm.

I have a carpenter friend who has a similar type of customer base, except in his case they have to wait 6 months to a year.

Back