Bandit1290 RPMs PERKINS 4.236

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyBee

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi
Kind of embarrasing to have to ask. But I just bought a used Bandit Drum 1290 with a perkins 4.236 diesel. Does anyone have a similar machine and can advise on what Bandit recommeds for operating RPM?

Serviced all the filters etc, and I did some small 3" branches etc yesterday to try it out, running at 1900 rpm. It pulled branches nicely and made good 1/4 inch chips, but ... it seemed to be a bit lazy on the discharge velocity.

I notice the newer versions dont have the "gills" on the discharge chute, was this an improvement they made to get more pull through the drum and the discharge?

Manuals are on order from Perkins and Bandit, but in the meantime any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

I've got a 1290 with a cat diesel and its operating rpms are 2400. In the manual the rpm ratings are given for any engine that might be on the 1290. If you dont have a manual I'll get mine and post the rpm's for the engine you have.

Forgot to ask this........Is your 1290 the drum chipper or the hydraulic fed drum? Mine is the hydraulic fed drum so the rpm's might be a little different.

Thanks to all.

Thanks to everyone with a perkins that helped out. !!

Very much appreciate it!!
Rob

Back