Bar Data & Picture Thread -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez dude? That equates to a little north of $5000 worth of bars!! Fettish? Yep. They look great. You should cut some wood or sumthin lol
Yeah but what good are they, none of em fit a husq!!!
Jk redbull-impressive is an understatement.
Someone should sticky this mofo

Can't tell if it's a 24 or 14T. But it looks lonely in the background.

24" Cannon Super Bar Plus MS660R
33n9guo.jpg

25" Stihl ES Narrow Nose MS660R
hv30q9.jpg

25" Stihl ES Wide Nose MS660R
2yoyc68.jpg

24" Tsumura Light Bar MS660R
9fpt83.jpg

24" Sugihara Light Bar MS660R
152givd.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I know it si not about looks, but the aesthetics on the Sugi Hara bars is amazing. The bar steal, the black tip and the bare rivets.... Almost like a work of art. Oddly the TsuMura bars with he same scheme, to me do not look nearly as good. Maybe it ti s the red paint or the staggered lightening holes. They are just off...

Great post and good info. What I found interesting is it took the 36" to cause the saws to get tippy (needing the box under the bar for support). Then the light bar in 36 shows how much the weight saves as the saw balanced on its own again.

dw

You have done a great job! :D

One thing I wonder about is how you measured "actual cutting length". Did you measure from the front of the case, or from any dawgs - and did you include the top of a cutter at the nose?
Drive sprocket size and dl count will also make a differense, but not much.

From the dawgs....so I guess it would depend on what saw your using and if your using an R or not etc etc. Guess I should put approx actual cutting length.

well actually looking at the spread sheet again. I put with 660r 461R and 661R.

- top of the cutter at the nose - IIRC.

I guess you'd have to figure as much as -.5" to add 1" to that #. Depending on if you measured from the top spike or middle spike. I'll just put approx on all of them.

The measurement really should be taken from the front of the case - it is up to the user if he use dawgs, and how large.

That measurement will always be sort of a "moving target" though, regardless of how accurate and correct it is done, as even what saw the bar is on sometimes make a differense, as well as drive sprocket size and actual dl count....:D

The measurement really should be taken from the front of the case - it is up to the user if he use dawgs, and how large.

That mausurement will always be sort of a "moving target" though, regardless of how accurate and correct it is done, as even what saw the bar is on sometimes make a differense, as well as drive sprocket size and actual dl count....:D
I can not remember exactly ow much ,but couldn't that measurement differ from brand to brand ?

Just want to let folks know Sugihara may have changed the specs on the 28" Stihl bar. Just got one in today, fresh out of the box, and 93DL will not fit. It also differs from the overall length listed above, and comes in 30" even. Loosing 3/4" would drop 2 DL off a a chain putting it back to 91DL. I see this as a good thing myself, as you can buy Stihl packaged chain, not off the roll for every loop, meaning I do not have to find the limited dealers that spin chain.

Pic of the PN stamping on my bar.

IMG_20150611_120424.jpg

dw

Just want to let folks know Sugihara may have changed the specs on the 28" Stihl bar. Just got one in today, fresh out of the box, and 93DL will not fit. It also differs from the overall length listed above, and comes in 30" even. Loosing 3/4" would drop 2 DL off a a chain putting it back to 91DL. I see this as a good thing myself, as you can buy Stihl packaged chain, not off the roll for every loop, meaning I do not have to find the limited dealers that spin chain.

Pic of the PN stamping on my bar.

IMG_20150611_120424.jpg

dw

very interesting!

would you happen to have the weight of the bar and avg. thickness ?

some data on these bars and then pictures of them on 660 461 and some on 361.

x1wuma.jpg

287ptet.jpg

20" (all use 72DL) bar weights/specs/part # - See attached pics

Cannon Superbar Plus .063 - 2 lb 14.0 oz , Thickness: .1850" , Groove Depth: .3425"
Stihl ES Narrow Nose .050 - 2 lb 13.5 oz , Thickness: .1875" , Groove Depth: .3225"
Stihl ES Narrow Nose .063 - 2 lb 13.0 oz , Thickness: .1875" , Groove Depth: .3225"
Sugi Hara Light Bar .050 - 2 lb 2.5 oz , Thickness: .1750", Groove Depth: .3300"
Tsumura Light Bar .063 - 2 lb 3.0 oz , Thickness: .1850" , Groove Depth: .3425"

24/25" (all use 84 drive links) bar weight/specs/part # - See attached pics

Cannon Superbar Plus .063 - 3 lb 11.0 oz , Thickness: .1875" , Groove Depth: .3340"
Stihl ES Narrow Nose .050 - 3 lb 10.5 oz , Thickness: .1875" , Groove Depth: .3050"
Stihl ES Wide Nose .063 - 3 lb 9.0 oz , Thickness: .1875" , Groove Depth: .3050"
Sugi Hara Light Bar .050 - 2 lb 13.0 oz , Thickness: .1750", Groove Depth: .3200"
Tsumura Light Bar .063 - 2 lb 10.5 oz , Thickness: .1850" , Groove Depth: .3325"
Would you mind doing this again when the cannon lights come out next year? Preferably in 28", and when your done measureing it and stuff I think I might know a guy who would buy it!

Latest posts

Back