Bar oil pouring made easy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It don't matter what kind of easy fill device I use, I am PRONE to overfilling, oil and gas both! Quart bottles for my oil work just fine for getting it in.

One more time ... I love this place!!!

Several different solutions to a common problem. All offered without running someone else down or claiming to be the best. A simple offering of information where a guy says "This worked for me, maybe it will help you."

Pat yourselves on the back. I have several ideas to look at now and figure out the best for me. To the OP, thanks for sharing.

dd

I use a clear honey bottle. I didn't realize it but the hole in the top has a soft rubber or plastic seal that pinches shut to keep honey from stringing everywhere. Works great on oil too. If I don't know how long I will be cutting I bring a bigger container to refill the honey bottle. The clear bottle is nice because I can always see how much oil is in it.

What I need now is a better way to handle gas. Hard plastic container and solid color spout I can't see a thing. I overfill my medium saw maybe a third of the time, the trim saw that just holds a thimbleful it is rare that I don't overfill it!

Hu

If you use something other than the original container, please label it very clearly.

Especially if it is an old food or beverage container.

You know what it is, but someone else or a kid or pet may get into it and it would be helpful for poison control or fire department to know (even to reassure people that it is not hazardous).

Thanks.

Philbert

What I need now is a better way to handle gas. Hard plastic container and solid color spout I can't see a thing. I overfill my medium saw maybe a third of the time, the trim saw that just holds a thimbleful it is rare that I don't overfill it!

Hu
One word: NoSpill.

Hands down the best fuel can I've ever used.

If you go to an auto parts store you can usually just get a screw on lid that's designed to work on gallon or quart type bottles of oils and tranny fluids.

These are about $4 at autozone and come with a foot or so of tubing. I find that the tubing isnt necessary. It turns to open and close. Props to the OP for coming up with something crafty but. this gives enough precision in terms of placement, has no mess, and slows down the rate of the pour to make overfilling less likely.

HTDrmR0.jpg

One word: NoSpill.

Hands down the best fuel can I've ever used.

Oddly enough a friend of mine has one and it no longer is a no spill. It often over flows now. I think it needs a good going over the barn dust all over it must have worked itself into the works.

I have a spout like Mikefunaro posted. It has an adapter ring for the smaller 1 litre bottles ( 1 quart? ) but by far this is the best one I have ever found and used.

Oddly enough a friend of mine has one and it no longer is a no spill. It often over flows now. I think it needs a good going over the barn dust all over it must have worked itself into the works.
They sell replacement nozzles. More than likely something may be clogging the inner vent tube which is part of the "secret" that makes it work.

If you use something other than the original container, please label it very clearly.

Especially if it is an old food or beverage container.

You know what it is, but someone else or a kid or pet may get into it and it would be helpful for poison control or fire department to know (even to reassure people that it is not hazardous).

Thanks.

Philbert

I clearly understand the concern but, if you go to my chainsaw bag looking for some sweet delicious syrup for that homemade waffle your wife just made you....................... I store all my hazardous tools and fluids on a very high shelf in the garage for that reason too. last thing I need is a neighborhood child wandering in the garage and cutting them self on sharp chain or axe. or complaining how horrible my syrup taste!

Latest posts

Back