Bar oil pouring made easy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gents this really IS the best way. No mess works every time auto fills never a drop loss. AND does the same with your mix.

Sorry guys I have people over from Germany and they get a tad over enthusiastic. In Germany that have a magazine much like consumer reports that does testing and this kind of fluid system won out as the best. I am surprised I do not see them in the Stihl dealerships in North America. I suppose you can get them online. I think all the examples show thus far are excellent!

I'll ask LOML pick one of these up if she can find it in the jungle. However, I'm still at a loss as to how this thing can work well without a vent. How does air get inside a full jug for smooth pouring?
Edwin, I'm not pouring a quart, so no vent lets me control the oil more by squeezing the jug. That spout is with the oil and filters, I added the caplug and string.

Sorry guys I have people over from Germany and they get a tad over enthusiastic. In Germany that have a magazine much like consumer reports that does testing and this kind of fluid system won out as the best. I am surprised I do not see them in the Stihl dealerships in North America. I suppose you can get them online. I think all the examples show thus far are excellent!

What is the brand name of that can system???

What is the brand name of that can system???

It is called a Stihl Kombi Kanister. I have only seen them in the EU and the UK. I know when the local dealer saw mine he was " What is that!!!! " so I showed him and he was on the phone trying to get them. I do not think he had any success.

Site sponsor Bailey's can fix you up with a double can, not sure it is the one you want.

Hu

http://www.baileysonline.com/Landsc...ARB-Approved-Mini-Piggy-Oil-Gas-Container.axd
No offense here. But there is a reason that can has a 2 star rating!!! I dont have one but I can just imagine the frustration and disaster this can would cause a person!!!
I have looked high and low for a GOOD "combo" can with no luck here in the states! I have seen them in other countries though.
Here is the can I wish I could get here. I would really be handy cutting trails... put it on your side or throw it in a pack animal.
http://treetools.co.nz/safety-1/fuel-management/toucan-fuel-container

No offense here. But there is a reason that can has a 2 star rating!!! I dont have one but I can just imagine the frustration and disaster this can would cause a person!!!
I have looked high and low for a GOOD "combo" can with no luck here in the states! I have seen them in other countries though.
Here is the can I wish I could get here. I would really be handy cutting trails... put it on your side or throw it in a pack animal.
http://treetools.co.nz/safety-1/fuel-management/toucan-fuel-container

No offense taken. I didn't get any further with that Bailey's can than looking at the price, didn't notice the rating. I don't want the gas and bar oil in one joined container myself, just adds weight which is already an annoyance sometimes when trying to put two and a half thimblefuls in a trim saw. I'm kinda looking for different containers than I am using now but not joined.

Hu

I had a can with a spout like the one bailey's sells and I was not able to use it very well, had to twist and pull backward while trying to pour.

That toucan looks cool but way too pricey

No offense taken. I didn't get any further with that Bailey's can than looking at the price, didn't notice the rating. I don't want the gas and bar oil in one joined container myself, just adds weight which is already an annoyance sometimes when trying to put two and a half thimblefuls in a trim saw. I'm kinda looking for different containers than I am using now but not joined.

Hu
The No Spill cans are awesome!! I have the the 1 1/4 and 2 1/2 gallon cans, I have been using them for about 5 years now and they are flawless and just nice to use. I also recommend getting spout extension if you go with that can.
http://www.baileysonline.com/Landsc...1-2-Gallon-No-Spill-CARB-Approved-Gas-Can.axd

It is not so much the can for me but the nozzles. The stihl ones work perfectly. The toucan does not seem to have a nozzle system that would make it easy to use. One can always get some aluminium water bottles and use those, again no nozzle.

The No Spill cans are awesome!! I have the the 1 1/4 and 2 1/2 gallon cans, I have been using them for about 5 years now and they are flawless and just nice to use. I also recommend getting spout extension if you go with that can.
http://www.baileysonline.com/Landsc...1-2-Gallon-No-Spill-CARB-Approved-Gas-Can.axd
Do you use a NoSpill for bar oil? I've been wondering how well they would work for that but am afraid to try. I've been using NoSpill's for fuel since the early summer and love them.

Do you use a NoSpill for bar oil? I've been wondering how well they would work for that but am afraid to try. I've been using NoSpill's for fuel since the early summer and love them.
I have not used them for bar oil. I dont see why they wouldn't work though.
The only problem I see is the can not venting very well with oil and the no spills are a pretty "rigid" can so they wont contract much while poring bar oil (there for needing a good vent) IMO.
You can always add a vent like the one I did. (Pictures and description are a few pages back)

I have a spout like Mikefunaro posted. It has an adapter ring for the smaller 1 litre bottles ( 1 quart? ) but by far this is the best one I have ever found and used.

Nice can,

Part # 0000 881 0123 for can, does not come with fancy spouts, 50 bucks
part # 0000 890 5005 for fuel spout, 37 bucks
part # 0000 890 5004 for oil spout, 32 bucks

gets shipped out of UK

http://www.langtoninfo.com/showitem.aspx?isbn=0795711163242

The can is cheaper on ebay, the spouts are from this link

pretty cool but very pricey!!! Make a nice gift for a sawyer who thought they had it all

Last edited:
Nice can,

Part # 0000 881 0123 for can, does not come with fancy spouts, 50 bucks
part # 0000 890 5005 for fuel spout, 37 bucks
part # 0000 890 5004 for oil spout, 32 bucks

gets shipped out of UK

http://www.langtoninfo.com/showitem.aspx?isbn=0795711163242

The can is cheaper on ebay, the spouts are from this link

pretty cool but very pricey!!! Make a nice gift for a sawyer who thought they had it all

Ok that's wacky pricing out of the UK!

can was 20.00 ( 5L fuel ,3L oil ) orange not clear

spouts were 12.50 each. then there is 1000.00 for the plane ticket lol I got them last summer.

There are also other spouts that work just as well for 5-6.00. But as I said it is the spouts that I find to be the trick.

Oddly those prices are rather high. I know in Germany all prices are the same. I have a catalogue of stihl items that all have prices. These are the Maximum they maybe sold for. My local dealer almost shat when I showed it to him!

Last edited:
I let the oil go where it goes, so be it. In the winter I usually cut my bar oil with saw gas, I can't be waitin all day glug, glug, glug. On a quick note, my ground guys always poke two holes in the foil safety seal to slow the oil down. When I see that I rip the whole seal out, Its bar oil, lets go, ain't ya never spilt no oil before?

I let the oil go where it goes, so be it. In the winter I usually cut my bar oil with saw gas, I can't be waitin all day glug, glug, glug. On a quick note, my ground guys always poke two holes in the foil safety seal to slow the oil down. When I see that I rip the whole seal out, Its bar oil, lets go, ain't ya never spilt no oil before?

No thought for the environment? it was -36 C ( - 30ish F ) the other day, I left 1 L ( 1ish quarts ) of B&C oil out and tried to fill my 440 it took maybe 20 seconds longer than normal. I can see why the EPA is all over you guys with such a cavalier attitude. What will happen when you are mandated to only use bio oil? Oh I can hardly wait to read the posts on that!

No thought for the environment? it was -36 C ( - 30ish F ) the other day, I left 1 L ( 1ish quarts ) of B&C oil out and tried to fill my 440 it took maybe 20 seconds longer than normal. I can see why the EPA is all over you guys with such a cavalier attitude. What will happen when you are mandated to only use bio oil? Oh I can hardly wait to read the posts on that!
While I don't go splashing oil around like some rapper with a bottle of krystal (sp?). I really don't think a couple drops spilled really matters. Think about it, every drop you pour into that tank is gonna come shooting off the chain and spray all over the woods. The only "green" way to cut wood is with a hand saw or an axe. You should try that sometime if you ever get a chance to climb down off your high horse.

Back