Bar oil running down my leg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naaaaaaaaaaa not really. Some of those who were hollering for me, Peter mainly, is upset because I got a Husky thats puked oil since the first tank full. I'm talking pouring out the bottom of the oil pump. He's got Husky on the brain and it ticked him I got a lemon after listening to him brag on those things. So he was so happy to hear about a Stihl possibly leaking,LOLOLOL

Your not stirring up a hornet's nest at all. We eat this kind of stuff up,LOL

I'm not the one who is upset Tom. I just found it very amusing that the 361 is leaking oil .. especially if you consider ssm's signature.
Didn't you fix that 372 yet? Thought someone gave you a good advice how to tighten it?

I don't have Husky on my brain, but you are Stihl brainwashed. I can say that the MS200T is prolly better than the 338, or the 361 is just as good as the 357 (maybe even better I dunno, haven't tried). But you could never say that the 372 is better than the 440 can you? (though you know it is ;) )

I'm not the one who is upset Tom. I just found it very amusing that the 361 is leaking oil .. especially if you consider ssm's signature.
Didn't you fix that 372 yet? Thought someone gave you a good advice how to tighten it?

I don't have Husky on my brain, but you are Stihl brainwashed. I can say that the MS200T is prolly better than the 338, or the 361 is just as good as the 357 (maybe even better I dunno, haven't tried). But you could never say that the 372 is better than the 440 can you? (though you know it is ;) )

I under lined my sig for you and RR;) You guys can try harder now to find a problem with a Stihl since there are none here.:biggrinbounce2:

The 372 better than a 440????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I under lined my sig for you and RR;) You guys can try harder now to find a problem with a Stihl since there are none here.:biggrinbounce2:

The 372 better than a 440????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That relic of yours belongs in a museum :taped:

That relic of yours belongs in a museum :taped:

Relic? I'll put money on that my 440 will cut circles around that 2171 of yours and still have the bar oil in the tank the next day...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the 440 is better but not any less of a saw compared to the 372. So since you praise the 372, why have the 2171?:popcorn:

Last edited:

What you ignore is it isn't leaking, thats the funny part. Where is Hall you hollered, oh so funny when I show up and get to set you striaght.

I'm Stihl brainwashed , how you figure. I got a new Husky, the almighty 372 and what did a I get, a bunch of hoop la. Leaks like oil like a tin roof with a hole in it, doesn't cut nearly as strong as you claim it does and yet I'm brainwshed, ha, get real. Better than a 440, tell me how, oh let me guess, it has a better vib system and filtration system, oh my, such dish pan hands should never take hold of a saw,LOLOL. Stay in the kitchen and do the dishes,hehe

Last edited:
Husky vs Stihl --Stihl vs Husky

This is better than Chevy vs Ford

:hmm3grin2orange: :spam:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Relic? I'll put money on that my 440 will cut circles around that 2171 of yours and still have the bar oil in the tank the next day...

Sure.... Why don't you just give me your money right away ?
Just the sound of a 372 / 2171 will make your little puppy cry for mercy ....
:sword: :sword: :sword:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the 440 is better but not any less of a saw compared to the 372. So since you praise the 372, why have the 2171?:popcorn:

Why not ? Same saw except for the angle of the handle. Also, the professional logger that I trust the most says the 2171 mostly has slightly more power. The air intake should be less restrictive. More air surrounding the engine for better cooling due to different covers. But not a big thing. 372 or 2171, doesn't matter to me. Also the dealer didn't stock the 372, only 575.
The Johnny looks better too.

Sure.... Why don't you just give me your money right away ?
Just the sound of a 372 / 2171 will make your little puppy cry for mercy ....
:sword: :sword: :sword:

Why not ? Same saw except for the angle of the handle. Also, the professional logger that I trust the most says the 2171 mostly has slightly more power. The air intake should be less restrictive. More air surrounding the engine for better cooling due to different covers. But not a big thing. 372 or 2171, doesn't matter to me. Also the dealer didn't stock the 372, only 575.
The Johnny looks better too.

LOL @ the sound! That's like saying a honda with a fart pipe sounds better than a chevy 350 with magnaflows. Your 2171 being the honda:(

I will agree with the 2171 looking better.....I would say it would win in looks and get 2nd place next to the 440 being #1:)

What you ignore is it isn't leaking, thats the funny part. Where is Hall you hollered, oh so funny when I show up and get to set you striaght.

I'm Stihl brainwashed , how you figure. I got a new Husky, the almighty 372 and what did a I get, a bunch of hoop la. Leaks like oil like a tin roof with a hole in it, doesn't cut nearly as strong as you claim it does and yet I'm brainwshed, ha, get real. Better than a 440, tell me how, oh let me guess, it has a better vib system and filtration system, oh my, such dish pan hands should never take hold of a saw,LOLOL. Stay in the kitchen and do the dishes,hehe

We still don't know if it's a leaker. Maybe your 372 isn't leaking either?
Bar oil should be in the front hole and gas in the rear hole Tom.

There are so many points where the 372/2171 is better than a 440, more power, lighter, sound, better filtration, anti vibe, design, start/stop/choke ... I don't have all day sitting here.. Better if you could mention something where you think the relic is better than the mighty 372/2171 :)
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Update

Checked out saw over weekend, removed bar and found out that the oil pump was pumping when at idle, I turned down the oil flow valve still pumping. Took saw to the dealer and they worked some magic on it and now it is not pumping large quantities of oil at idle. I do not know what they did because the person who worked on the saw was out, but hopefully I will find out what was wrong. :confused:

We still don't know if it's a leaker. Maybe your 372 isn't leaking either?
Bar oil should be in the front hole and gas in the rear hole Tom.

There are so many points where the 372/2171 is better than a 440, more power, lighter, sound, better filtration, anti vibe, design, start/stop/choke ... I don't have all day sitting here.. Better if you could mention something where you think the relic is better than the mighty 372/2171 :)
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

The 372/2121 never has been lighter than the 440, slight differense the other way - but all the rest more than out-weights it, imo.

As far as I know, the 2-channel vs 4-channel engine designs is at least part of the reason that the 440 doesn't keep up in actual cutting, despite of both more max power, and more max torque.......:yoyo: :yoyo:

Last edited:
oil type

what breed of oil are you runnin . some oils are soooo damed thin that you have too turn down the oiler on adjustable oilers:) :givebeer: i run poulan bar oil in my 260 pro and and even at max wide open the oiler never leaves a puddle of more than 1/16 of a cup of oil. my 038 supermagII i just bought leaked like a scared little kid,i ran the saw drie of oil and i found that the former owner had run motor oil:buttkick: of unknown origin,put poulan bar oil and it left zero puddles after 2 tanks of two stroke mix:rock:
just my beer monies worth
Cheers mates

Latest posts

Back