Bar Oils,What Brand/What Price?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be happy buying it at that price, I contacted the refinery here and they can sell me a 45 gallon drum for little over 100$ I think that will be the way to go

Treeman14 said:
Darin,

How much bar oil have you used over the years? 20 gallons, 50 gallons, 100 gallons???

Now, let's assume you were to take that same amount of oil and just dump it out on the ground. Are you polluting?

I realize when you use a saw, the oil is released slowly over a large area, but does that make it OK?

How much bar oil is used nationwide? ALL OF IT ends up in the environment.

You're, right. Your little bar oil is not going to make a difference. But that attitude is part of the problem. When you multiply your little bit of oil by thousands or millions of users, there IS a problem. You contradict yourself when you say that every little bit helps, but you refuse to do your little bit. "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

I heard recently the Stihl ALONE sells over 3 million gallons of bar oil in North America... I assume that includes Canada :) No idea who much Bio-plus they sell - may a drum or two? Pity the the solution to pollution is dilution.... Spread it wide and thin...

I see one of these old bar oil threads has been recycled...per another thread I bought my "bar oil" fresh canola oil at Publix for 4.79 for a 1/2 gallon jug the other day. You could get veggie cheaper than that if you bought it at Sam's but we are not members and their attitude ticked me off so I'm not about to join. So hopefully this stirs the pot just a little :)

Latest posts

Back