Bar Paint Removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a standard stripe that should be used for felling?
You might not want people to think you can just use a vertical red stripe. Much less a thin verticle red stripe. Just as an extreme examble some use an accent stripe to augment the base stripe. Horizontal stripes have great contrast on bars with as little change as 70 VS 72 link on a 20" bar.

You don't want these people trashing their bars without knowing the impending doom awaiting their very next action.

bugfart said:
Is there a standard stripe that should be used for felling?
You might not want people to think you can just use a vertical red stripe. Much less a thin verticle red stripe. Just as an extreme examble some use an accent stripe to augment the base stripe. Horizontal stripes have great contrast on bars with as little change as 70 VS 72 link on a 20" bar.

You don't want these people trashing their bars without knowing the impending doom awaiting their very next action.

I don't know about standard. I am new to hopping up chainsaws so have only tried a couple so far. Couldn't see much difference. My next experiment should result in about 10% improvement in speed. An airfoil on the chain brake should do it. I just haven't figured out if it needs negative or positive rake.

Harry K

Another limitation of my saws, no chain-break. Stickers and a little hood scoop though, old school all the way. I may feather in the color red on the outside of the veins in my rotor. I mean, yeah, the starter covers it up but isn't it all down to what's under the hood?

Why do I want to grow a mullet?

bugfart said:
Another limitation of my saws, no chain-break. Stickers and a little hood scoop though, old school all the way. I may feather in the color red on the outside of the veins in my rotor. I mean, yeah, the starter covers it up but isn't it all down to what's under the hood?

Why do I want to grow a mullet?

You don't have a mullet?:dizzy:

Justin Garrison said:
I have never tried it on a bar but Aircraft paint stripper works good on anything I have used it on, wood metal.

To be an aircraft stripper do you have to work for an airlines..........or can you just be a big fan of planes?

Latest posts

Back