Bar Repair?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad_bb

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've got a used 36" oregon bar I received with a used saw I bought. I think it's a professional bar and I think it would still be a good bar, but I think the groove needs to be closed up and profiled or at least inspected for such. I cannot find anyone in my area that works on them (Joliet, IL). I also did a web search in the Indianapolis area as I go there occasionally and haven't yet found a place that does this work. I called one place that looked promising with no luck. Anyone know any place I should use for this in either area, or even by shipping the bar? With new comparable bars apparently costing at least $125 plus tax and shipping, it would seem that repair should be a viable option. I have not tried using this bar, but I used a feeler gage in the groove and it seems loose. Thanks, Brad
IMG_3389-XL.jpg

If you had access to a belt sander you could resurface it yourself and the bar closer watsonr mentioned does a nice job. Search on here there are a few threads concerning bar repair.

I can vouch for Srcarr52 and his bar repair skills. He did some great work on an old bar I've got.

Latest posts

Back