Baraboo WI Old Saw show/race. Who will attend ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
Scott Mueller puts on a real nice show in Braboo WI and I am just wondering who will attend this year. The race will be at noon on Saturday August 19. This is a real nice show and I would really like to see all the members that can be there. There are a ton of guys within the area and it is a real nice show.

Bill

Baraboo

Bill G said:
Scott Mueller puts on a real nice show in Braboo WI and I am just wondering who will attend this year. The race will be at noon on Saturday August 19. This is a real nice show and I would really like to see all the members that can be there. There are a ton of guys within the area and it is a real nice show.

Bill

Hey Bill,

Is it a real nice show? I'm just givin ya grief.

Brad

Some how some way I am going up on thursday to set up in the flea market. My diesel is back at the trans shop fo rthe 3 rd time now since may. Only put under 100 miles on it last time since I got it back and had to take it back down. It got so hot the 4 wd lever in the cab could not be touched. So, I went and bought a 90 dodge 3/4 2 wd to use next week. Just got to chase out all the bugs now and load the trailer and camper.
Bill, is there any saws you need that I have that I could bring up to the show?
Bob

We display and demonstrate saws Fri, Sat, and Sun. Plenty of wood to cut. Sat at noon we have a demonstration "race" for 5 classes of old saws. Gear drive, 2-man, 5cu and under vintage direct drive "1979 and older", 5 cu and over direct drive, and vintage hotsaw. Use this link to the Badger Steam and Gas Engine Club for directions and general show info http://www.badgersteamandgas.com/ email or PM me with questions about the saws. Free gate entry when you bring a saw or engine to display, use the exhibitor gate. Glad to hear Bill, Bob, and Steve are coming again.
Scott

Scott,

What log sizes are you planning? I need to determine what bars to bring.

Bob,

Give me a ring some evening.

Bill

The log for 2-man is at least 24". Gear drive log wil be between 18"-16", 5cu and under will be about 12", 5cu+ will be about 14", hotsaw will be about 14". All cottonwood round logs. Display area is shadded.
Scott

We like to limit the 2-man saws to pre 1970, so I guess the Buick V-8 would count! We would be honored by the presence of such a famous saw at our little show. The price of gas to drive from WA and back might break your budget:bang: Just a thought, holding a stinger handle at the end of that bar might be a little risky!
Scott

I will have a couple gear drives and probably 1 in the over 5ci class. I am not sure I will be able to bring any 2 mans as room is limited. My only vintage hotsaw is a 820 and it is actually stock.

I would hope there will be more members attend. There are a ton of members within easy driving distance. Folks it is time to join the fun.

Bill

Scott,

I see you want to limit the 2 man saws to pre 1970. If memory servces me correct the Homelite 55 has won the last 2 years in the 2 man class. I have countless actual 2 man saws but they are hard to transport. Since the 55 is OK I guess the Homelite 1100 will qualify but I will have to keep the Stihl 090G in gear drive class. My Disstons just up too much room. I may bring the DO-100 though.

Bill

Hey Bill,
Tryed calling ya. got a busy signal all the time. I am going to be in about the same place again this year. I will not have my truck that says Twin Oaks though. (still at the shop)

Well for all you guys that will be up there. I will be bringing some more old saw to sell again this year. Also my buddy will have a 066 Magnum for sale too. Its a older one noncompression release model. He is thinking I beleive around 450 for it.
See ya all there
Bob
I will be living this afternoon about 2 or 3
If you want give me a call at (608)482-1003 if there is anything you want me to bring to the show.

We haven't had to set an age limit in the past, nobody ever had an 090 with a 2-man bar. Bring it along, and we'll ask the rest of the group if it's OK. I'm sure everyone would get a kick out of seeing what it would do. A Mac 7-55 has won the last 2 years. The little Homelite got 1st or 2nd a couple years in a row, when we had smaller wood for the 2-man saws.
Scott

I have a 60" for the 090 but it lacks a hole for the 2 man handle. I have a Stihl 59" with the hole but I need to spin a chain for it. I am not sure I will have time. I will throw a 60" on the 1100. I am not sure my wife will run it so I may need a second person. I hope we have some time in between classes as I will need to do some bar swapping. I will not be there until Saturday so I assume the swap meet will be well picked over by the time I get there.

On a side note Scott hopefully we can find some time to talk over the BP1. I am in need of some advice

Bill

There are plenty of volunteers to be on the helper handle. I'll be glad to help[ with the BP1, and Paul knows alot more than I do. He'll help to. We can put you at the front of one class, then at the back of the next class. You'll have time to switch bars.
Scott

Latest posts

Back