BC 1000 in-feed wheel problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hisresources

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Vermeer BC 1000 chipper that the in-feed wheel stopped working in the forward position. I have replaced the fuse and the relay, still not working. I borrowed a new controller box and had the same result. The in-feed wheel works when you remove the fuse, I need help on where to look now. thanks.

I have a 2000 Vermeer BC 1000 chipper that the in-feed wheel stopped working in the forward position. I have replaced the fuse and the relay, still not working. I borrowed a new controller box and had the same result. The in-feed wheel works when you remove the fuse, I need help on where to look now. thanks.

Can't help you, and not to be smart, but just bring it in to your local Vermeer dealer or heavy equipment mechanic. Let us know how you make out.

Take the cover off the back on the machine and see if the switch is being pushed enough. If so then you can try swapping switches with another one that works. If that doesn't solve the issue then see if you have a good power and ground to the forward feed solenoid that is located inbetween the hydraulic reservoir and the fuel tank. If that is good then the issue is hydraulic and is most likely the cartridge valve that the solenoids are mounted to. If you don't have good power then it could be your magnetic pickup. The magnetic pickup is located just to the left of the engine oil filter. Unplug it and test the AC volts with the engine at an idle. It should be about 10 AC Volts. If it is not then you can try adjusting it. If is has started acting up, adjusting it might only be temporary. You may have to replace it. If you turn the pickup clockwise it will increse the voltage. If you turn the pickup counterclockwise it will decrease the voltage. It is best to turn the engine off, lightly turn if clockwise until is bottoms out against the flywheel and then back it out 1 full turn. That will get you close to the proper adjustment. Be careful not to turn it in too far because it will hit the flywheel and then you will have to replace it. Good luck

Back