Bc1000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a price on a New BC1000XL lately? I'm considering buying one and was curious if the price ive been quoted is inline.

I disagree that vermeer is bad, we've run them for years and think they are great. What else is there? Woodsman, Rayco or Brush Bandit? No thanks.
The BC1000 is not one of the better chippers, imo. Your money might be better spent on a used 1250 or 1230. If you can swing it, cost and weight wise, the BC1400 is the best chipper around, at least in it's size class.

Mike Maas said:
I disagree that vermeer is bad, we've run them for years and think they are great. What else is there? Woodsman, Rayco or Brush Bandit? No thanks.
The BC1000 is not one of the better chippers, imo. Your money might be better spent on a used 1250 or 1230. If you can swing it, cost and weight wise, the BC1400 is the best chipper around, at least in it's size class.

The old 1230 / 1250 were a very good chipper. later vermeers do not have a good reputation for holding together

Try a dynamic conehead. in the 1400 class, the 460 conehead (16 x 24 infeed) will kick its ass. try before you buy ;)
http://***************/treehouse/download.php?id=4710

Yes, thor, while i've never seen a Conehead, wileyP ran one, an early model that needed major mods to work right, and claims they are the best. I understand the concept behind the cone shaped drum and am very interested in one, but for now, my 250 Bandit works just fine.

I have a 250 too, great machine!
attachment_26131.php

unbelievable how smooth those coneheads run though :cool:

Back