Bearings for 4400-4

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Menchhofer

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
One main shaft bearing, perhaps two are on their way out on my machine. Would like to know if anyone has come across any reasonable suppliers of these bearings as I am confident the factory pricing is a little steep.

They are made by Link Belt and seem to be a standard bearing. Anyone have any suggestions as to possible suppliers?

These are the four bearings on the jack shaft I believe. two inner, two outer.

Factory pricing on the outers is 188.00 each..inners are 330.00 each. Over 1K in bearings only..wow

Try any local bearing company, I never buy from factory on my equipment.
Try Motion Industries they have the best prices here. Good Luck

The inner two bearings are just for the boom up/down movement. The two outer are for the jack shaft. The two inner bearings should last forever. The two outer are a different story.

when i went to order new pins and bushings for my old Case crawler loader the factory parts were over $350.. a local machine shop made me a better set and i paid about $80 total for everything..

i recently got in contact with the SKF bearing company and they sent me to http://www.ptplace.com/ for bearings. you can probly find a proper set there.

When I called Carlton, they did inform me the outer two bearings were the ones to replace...not the inner ones. And true, the inner bearing are for support only. I was thinking about replacing all of them due to the fact the jack shaft is usually difficult to get out of the worn bearings as a general rule.

Anyway, thanks for the input...appreciate the help. I will try to get it apart and find a number on it to locate something on the net or might try locally.

I tried a couple local industrial bearing dealers for the bearings on the wheel shaft . . . Carlton beat their price (and on belts too).
Order directly from Carlton not from a Carlton dealer.
(864) 578-9335 I think I dealt with Brant in service.

How Old

Out of Interest, How many hours have your Bearings done?

If I remember correctly, about 450 hours. I think they should have lasted longer though.

Latest posts

Back