Becoming an aborist?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elixir

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all. First post!

I'm looking to become an arborist. I currently work on a tree farm in Northeast Pennsylvania. I work with trees in every developmental stage, and pretty much do whatever needs to be done. I want to learn as much as I can about trees and ideally would become an arborist.

Can anyone provide me with information on any education or certifications I need to do this?

Also, I am posting this in another forum. I know that there are certain people who stick to only one forum on an entire website, so I wanted to get this to everyone who may be able to answer.

Thanks!

Do you want to ba a Landlubber Arborist, Climbing Arborist or Line Clearance Arborist?

Coz if you want to get into the climbing side I'd suggest you do some practical courses and perhaps even team up with one of the better guys around here, pay your tuition fee though, and get some good habits in place even before you can develop any yourself.

Ekka said:
Do you want to ba a Landlubber Arborist, Climbing Arborist or Line Clearance Arborist?

Coz if you want to get into the climbing side I'd suggest you do some practical courses and perhaps even team up with one of the better guys around here, pay your tuition fee though, and get some good habits in place even before you can develop any yourself.
Good advice Ekka, Elixer, maybe you want to be a forester? Anyways, the actual work, that is climbing, running a saw, chipping brush, etc. is no walk in the park, go to work with a tree service for a few days at least to get an idea, certainly before you send the ISA any money. Landlubber arborist, good one Ekka, I usually call 'em culls, textbook heroes-workplace zeroes.

yeah, the climbing is what i ant to do the most!

im in great shape, i fight competively (think of UFC and stuff like that) so i am in great shape for that stuff. to be honest, i just really love trees and want to do something with my life that involves them. and the coolest one i can think of is being an arborist.

since im only 20, i can take some punishment and not suffer too much...yet...

Back