been a good day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok i just told the dealer to take the one off the shelf and save it for me. i'm 5 foot 11 inches would you say that's plenty big enough?
Oh yeah. I think you'll like it. Ain't the same without one. I use it constantly now. From branches to big rounds to stacking firewood. Love the hand extensions!

Curious as to how Tulip poplar got its name as it's not in the poplar family. It's also called yellow poplar by a lot of people. It's "fair" as a firewood. I burn it if I have to cut it up anyway but don't go out of the way to get it. Tallest tree east of the Mississippi.

It is actually a Magnolia. Tulip could be from the leaves or flowers, but poplar??? I don't know. I seem to see a lot more of them in the woods than I used to, and they grow like weeds. I think they steal a lot of sunlight from slower growing hardwoods.

Curious as to how Tulip poplar got its name as it's not in the poplar family. It's also called yellow poplar by a lot of people. It's "fair" as a firewood. I burn it if I have to cut it up anyway but don't go out of the way to get it. Tallest tree east of the Mississippi.

It's our state tree here! Produces a really nice flower. And is "FAIR" firewood indeed. Burns quick. The tree i worked up had been struck by lightning. Not sure for others but its been a brut to split up.

Back