been without a saw for a while ,, until today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banjoman57

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
had some storms take a few trees down a couple of weeks ago ,,, and didn't have a chainsaw to work them up,,,sooooo
i went shopping and wanted a decent saw but not drop a load in something i won't use every week.
did a lot of research and reading up since the last saw i had was 30 years old.
i ended up going with an echo CS361P with a 16 inch bar.... its light weight which at my age is a must and feels good too.
any of you guys know or used one of these saws ? ,,, from what reviews i read the people seem to like them after tuning and maybe a muffler mod.

echo 361P saw.jpg

I havent run that echo but all echo's have choked up mufflers and lean carb settings so they respond well to muffler mods and retuning.

So does a bigger, more powerful professional saw. :innocent:

To the OP, it's a cheap little, light duty saw, so use as intended. Use quality oil and gas, keep the chain sharp and it will last you a good number of years. Messing with a drill and a punch on the muffler and start twisting away at the carburetors settings is way beyond what people buy this saw for. Of course, what do I know... Send it to NSEric and he can port it and put a Nitrous Injection Turbo on it.

To the OP, it's a cheap little, light duty saw, so use as intended. Use quality oil and gas, keep the chain sharp and it will last you a good number of years. Messing with a drill and a punch on the muffler and start twisting away at the carburetors settings is way beyond what people buy this saw for. Of course, what do I know... Send it to NSEric and he can port it and put a Nitrous Injection Turbo on it.
i am not entering competitions with it,, just working up some branches and small trees ,,, nitrous injection,,,yeah ,,,naw don't think so. its not a walk on water stihl i know ,,but it will serve me well.

i am not entering competitions with it,, just working up some branches and small trees ,,, nitrous injection,,,yeah ,,,naw don't think so. its not a walk on water stihl i know ,,but it will serve me well.

Sounds like you bought the right saw for your needs. đź‘Ť

Most here think, someday they are going to be working the pits at the Indy 500. And a muffler mod and tuning a carburetor is a resume bullet point, that will get them a Master Mechanic position on Team Andretti.

Ignore all that noise. Just enjoy your new saw, and do the simple things and it will be money well spent over the many years of reliable use.

Most here think, someday they are going to be working the pits at the Indy 500. And a muffler mod and tuning a carburetor is a resume bullet point, that will get them a Master Mechanic position on Team Andretti.

Ignore all that noise. Just enjoy your new saw, and do the simple things and it will be money well spent over the many years of reliable

i think it will do fine,,, besides its been many many years since i bought a saw.... last one i had was an old johnred that weighed a ton,,,, this one is going to feel like a feather compared to it.

Half of my own saws only have a simple muffler mod lol.
I port cheap clone saws that dont run that good stock but leave the good pro level ones alone other than opening up the muffler to let the heat out.

Mine is stock and I love it. Keep the chain sharp and it will cut great. Some folk on this site want everyone to go with what they have as some form of validation.

Yeah, I'd say that girly man saw looks to be rated for 1 3/4 to 2 1/4" limbs... if that, and assuming it's got a Sharp chain....

Mad3400

i an guessing chainsaw trash talk is much like banjo trash talk,,, if you ain't got a pre war gibson banjo ,,you just wastin time and money LOL....... (he says while picking his 1931 gibson banjo)

Latest posts

Back