Before bed, 066-660 thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that have the factory 2 port front cover? Other work? I like the deeper, richer sound.

I think it is funny how big that saw looks in your hands. my 660 in my hands would be like an 034 in yours!

looks like it goes alright though. I am going to port mine when I know I have no warranty issues to contend with!

cuz its the first saw I ever owned, now have many but its still my go to saw. If I can only take 1 saw with me to the woods, then thats it. Its also my baby.

Speaking of before bed, getting close 4 me. But I could'nt have said that better myself boogieman. I learned that from my looger buddy, Parmeter. He packs one saw. 660.

I think it is funny how big that saw looks in your hands. my 660 in my hands would be like an 034 in yours!

looks like it goes alright though. I am going to port mine when I know I have no warranty issues to contend with!

I have that affect on most things. I thought about improveing my saws but for what I am cutting they work perfectly stock.

The 056 talk, got me thinking, because i started running the 66 when they first came out. I just cant remember the year? 96 sound's close maybe even a little earlier. I remember the wave though. Everybody I know was running the 56mag two's, and it seemed like I turned around for a minute, and everybody had a 066 LOL!:blob2:

The 056 talk, got me thinking, because i started running the 66 when they first came out. I just cant remember the year? 96 sound's close maybe even a little earlier. I remember the wave though. Everybody I know was running the 56mag two's, and it seemed like I turned around for a minute, and everybody had a 066 LOL!:blob2:

I think the 064 came first then the 066 right after, I want to say 1991 with the flat top model but not 100%. I had my mitts on a nice 064 the other day but was a bit short so couldn't pull the trigger. I also would like to find a good project 056 or 045 super but will have to wait till the end of summer. I was completely content with using my 032 for fire wood until my friend burnt up his poulan wild thing after 8 years of hard use and got a 038 super, that saw looks like hell but is a good runner and just flat out make my 032 look slow. The 441 and 066 do a good job of keeping me ahead of the game.

Good one Dude. I totally forgot about the 064. And that's funny, because my buddy parmeter's dad logged with one for awhile. I dindn't see many of em around back then that's probably why. That was a great saw I thought too. He didn't like it though. He liked the 56 better. He was kinda old school. Did not like more plastic. I think myself I woulda grabbed the 064 over the 56.

I think the 064 came first then the 066 right after, I want to say 1991 with the flat top model but not 100%. I had my mitts on a nice 064 the other day but was a bit short so couldn't pull the trigger. I also would like to find a good project 056 or 045 super but will have to wait till the end of summer. I was completely content with using my 032 for fire wood until my friend burnt up his poulan wild thing after 8 years of hard use and got a 038 super, that saw looks like hell but is a good runner and just flat out make my 032 look slow. The 441 and 066 do a good job of keeping me ahead of the game.

I don't think you would be far wrong with that I am pretty sure they were commonplace by 1993 anyway.

check these out of my 660 today! and there is more in the aussie dribble thread!View attachment 188412View attachment 188413View attachment 188414View attachment 188415View attachment 188416

lots of good reasons, and I'll add one more;

They have a very distinctive sound, almost like the whine of a jet engine, or the sound of a dentist drill? No other saw I've ever used has the sound, but you can pick a 660 from any other saw even from a few houses away just by that sound.

Shaun

This week I ran my 660 cleaning up a huge limb off a big oak tree. The limb was over 30" in dia. I agree with last post about the distinctive sound of the 660. With the 36" bar buried in rock hard green oak the sound through the dual port is great. You know that is a big boys saw and it means business. I can't seem to get the grin off my face everytime I run my 660.

Steve

lots of good reasons, and I'll add one more;

They have a very distinctive sound, almost like the whine of a jet engine, or the sound of a dentist drill? No other saw I've ever used has the sound, but you can pick a 660 from any other saw even from a few houses away just by that sound.

Shaun

Sounds like my 034 on steroids!!!

Here's my only saw right now.

188418d1309006434-030-jpg

Back