Best 2 Saw plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 690552
Runs quickest with 3 men - operator ; loader and 3rd man feeding loader so machine never thirsts for timber !!! cycle time of 3 secs ... 20 pc min ... face cord 10mins under ideal conditions ... View attachment 690552
You are right best is 3 men and a loader, I do the same,the loader is a backsaver. Be careful that SOB machine moves fast,watch the second guys hands!

You are right best is 3 men and a loader, I do the same,the loader is a backsaver. Be careful that SOB machine moves fast,watch the second guys hands!
If you adjust the engagement just right you can have it such that you need to pull up on lever at all times ...if you let go the feed stops

If I were a semi-serious firewooder, I'd pick a 16" Stihl 241 and an Echo 590 w/ 24 and 18 inch bars.

But...since firewood for me is mostly a biproduct of mostly amateur maintenance, I'll just push my little 20" Echo 490 past it's limits when needed and let the little lightweight 14" Echo 361P do most of my work. And of course I have to make it two and a half saws as I kind of need my little 2511.
I guess if I had to, I could sub a 355t in place of the small one and a half.

If I were a semi-serious firewooder, I'd pick a 16" Stihl 241 and an Echo 590 w/ 24 and 18 inch bars.

But...since firewood for me is mostly a biproduct of mostly amateur maintenance, I'll just push my little 20" Echo 490 past it's limits when needed and let the little lightweight 14" Echo 361P do most of my work. And of course I have to make it two and a half saws as I kind of need my little 2511.
I guess if I had to, I could sub a 355t in place of the small one and a half.
Yeppers ... the 241c is a great Saw and takes well to mods ... more so than the 261c - which is also a great Saw ; transfer - layout imho - here’s a ported 241c , there’s STIHL a lot left in there if a guy wanted more but maybe woodnt last quite as long that’s 14” bar 63ps buried

Yeppers ... the 241c is a great Saw and takes well to mods ... more so than the 261c - which is also a great Saw ; transfer - layout imho - here’s a ported 241c , there’s STIHL a lot left in there if a guy wanted more but maybe woodnt last quite as long that’s 14” bar 63ps buried

Yeah, that's a nice little saw. Exceptionally light and powerful for a little over 40cc's.

Yeah, that's a nice little saw. Exceptionally light and powerful for a little over 40cc's.
They can be made to run quite a bit stronger than the one in the video IF the guy doing the job knows what he’s doing ... Hotsaws101 builds a mean Insane-O-ized 241c that’s got this one by a fuzz or 2

Done right ... it’s a little light-saber thru 14” and under timber ... mileage is excellent compared with stock ... can’t say the same for the “gutted stratos “ approach - just my opinions ... Sarge out !

Done right ... it’s a little light-saber thru 14” and under timber ... mileage is excellent compared with stock ... can’t say the same for the “gutted stratos “ approach - just my opinions ... Sarge out !
I think every one here knows your opinion on gutting strato's by now. You've let us know about a dozen times in the last week alone.
Tie your boot laces... Out

I think every one here knows your opinion on gutting strato's by now. You've let us know about a dozen times in the last week alone.
Yah , little things can make big differences ... if you don’t believe it ... then buy saw and start a build thread ... And post your results .....

Yah , little things can make big differences ... if you don’t believe it ... then buy saw and start a build thread ... And post your results .....
Like what, an unlimited coil? Where would one find an unlimited coil for a mtronic saw so we too could reach 16000 rpm?

Just thinking the same regarding the sawyers boots must be well insolated with all the chips must be like walking on 2upturned wire brushes nothing like comfort in your working environment

Like what, an unlimited coil? Where would one find an unlimited coil for a mtronic saw so we too could reach 16000 rpm?
Sir , with all due respect ... we didn’t buy the saws at (A) ... the splitter at (B) ... to give to you at (C) for nothing ! Sarge out !

Latest posts

Back