BEST 60cc saw ever built !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I want to get my head cut off, but my go-to saw for the past few years has been a 562. However, it did die on the first tank of gas, dealer replaced the carb and it hasn’t had an issue since. Now, I was running 40:1 gas (maybe a little more oil ;)) so it was probably my fault. That said, it’s been a strong saw: light, powerful (for a 62cc saw) and incredibly well balanced. Cheers,

yes the 357 is very intriguing. I voted earlier 359 because that chassis is so ergonomic. The only problem, the 357's/2156 are vary scarce right now. The ones that do pop up for sale are really expensive.

I got a 262 I might never run again . For power I want 50 70 and 90 cc saws it just works for me . I was thinking about using for a trim saw . I had a 041 Sthil I think was 60 cc I was never impressed with it . I cut firewood I start from the top to bottom as I get closer to the truck I want a bigger saw . A 60 cc saw never work .

Can’t believe this thread is still going! Guess I might as well post an update, the ms361 is still the prince of saws and king of the 60cc class! :p Seriously though, 15 years, countless chains, 3 bars, and a couple sprockets and still going strong!!! Not a single issue, still starts and runs like new, and still puts a smile on my face!! Maybe not the best performer but close and how many saws can boast a record like that?

Not that I want to get my head cut off, but my go-to saw for the past few years has been a 562. However, it did die on the first tank of gas, dealer replaced the carb and it hasn’t had an issue since. Now, I was running 40:1 gas (maybe a little more oil ;)) so it was probably my fault. That said, it’s been a strong saw: light, powerful (for a 62cc saw) and incredibly well balanced. Cheers,
Nothing wrong with your mix ratio CB with any quality oil & fuel . More likely a tuning issue as indicated by the dealer carb change out . The huskys have had air leak issues on the 562 1st generation saws also problematic overheating issues with the 1st generation 550's which easily rectified in-house . Not going to get your head cut off for an honest opinion , 562 models are a quality saw that fill a niche . At my age I run more often 50 cc class saws , however when needed I will utilize my new 7910 XD as required when felling & bucking larger Maple & Oak on the property line . Hope all goes well with the new saw , make some smoke bud ! ;)

Can’t believe this thread is still going! Guess I might as well post an update, the ms361 is still the prince of saws and king of the 60cc class! :p Seriously though, 15 years, countless chains, 3 bars, and a couple sprockets and still going strong!!! Not a single issue, still starts and runs like new, and still puts a smile on my face!! Maybe not the best performer but close and how many saws can boast a record like that?
Not sure , if its the King of the class but certainly a contender ! ;)

Agreed. My dad, whose pushing 80, picked up a Husky 550 a few years back. It’s a joy to pick that saw up and cut firewood or limb. I went the other way and brought home a 390 yesterday to add to the stable. Going to head out to fall some spruce this afternoon. Little over kill for the size of the trees but need to work it in before dedicating to the CSM.

Well there is a reason why many of the old-timers have left this forum and others, they got sick of people talking out their back side. Sure the 562 is smooth, fast and relatively lightweight, but it's a toy compared to the old 041 and I have my doubts they will last 10 years let alone 50, hell half of them don't work right on day one. The 041 was dead reliable and built to last multiple Generations.
LOOK SAWS OF THAT GENERATION WERE BUILT TO CUT WOOD...AND LAST. CHANGE THE PTS. EVERY FALL AND CUT...WITH NO PROBLEMS...ALL FRIGGIN WINTER.

"Echo 590 & Husky 550 xp , are two distinctly different saws that will both accomplish firewood cutting effectively"

+2

The CS-590 is the best bargain in a 60cc saw I've seen in recent years. I have one in my line-up and have tried for quite a few years now to wear it out, but it runs as good today as the day I placed it in service. If you think one lacks power or not up to the task of a 60cc saw take a look at the pics below. I cross-cut all the sections of the huge Maple and Beech in the pics with my CS-590 to make them easier to handle to the splitter....it never grumbled once. It is also dubbed as having LESS power than the CS-600 and CS-620P's, but I really don't see all that much difference in them and own all three........FWIW....
Maple1.JPGIMG_1177.jpg

Echo 590 & Husky 550 xp , are two distinctly different saws that will both accomplish firewood cutting effectively"

+2

The CS-590 is the best bargain in a 60cc saw I've seen in recent years. I have one in my line-up and have tried for quite a few years now to wear it out, but it runs as good today as the day I placed it in service. If you think one lacks power or not up to the task of a 60cc saw take a look at the pics below. I cross-cut all the sections of the huge Maple and Beech in the pics with my CS-590 to make them easier to handle to the splitter....it never grumbled once. It is also dubbed as having LESS power than the CS-600 and CS-620P's, but I really don't see all that much difference in them and own all three........FWIW....
View attachment 872059View attachment 872060
Yeah so , I think I said that bud ? Is there a point to your quoting my post ? I agree they are a viable asset. ! :buttkick:

I haven’t read all the responses but quite a few and I didn’t see a Jonsereds 621 listed anywhere. I still run mine occasionally and for an older saw it still hammers pretty well. I would not want to run it day in, day out though as it is heavy compared to the 2156, 2159, and 2260 I have. Honestly I probably run the 2152 more than the 60cc saws anyway.

I have a ported echo 590 that will put a 27 inch bar or pull a 20 inch with some 70 cc class saws.

just wanted to mention the 621 as a pretty decent older saw.

Latest posts

Back