BEST 60cc saw ever built !!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to like my 2 year old Dolmar 6100, as it had bit more gumption than my old 353 which I used exclusively for 19 years, getting in the winters wood. Now the Dolmar stays home, and the 353 is back in the truck again along with a new 390xp. I am really liking the 2 saw plan. (actually 3, if you count the 36v Makita)

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback. This will inspire me to more collaboration.

X-BULL is 58cc Gas Chainsaw. For better confirmation you can check details on here https://amzn.to/38RpDxW. And I listed both of them 460 rancher and echo 590. You can check my quick section. I mentioned there 460 rancher as best for cutting firewood and echo 590 as overall.

What does that even mean - best for cutting firewood versus best overall?

Best 60cc saw I have run remains the Stihl MS361. Out of over 100 saws that I have owned. The 036 came close to it. The 036 ran so good that the guy that brought a 362 to run against it and my 361s bought it! I would not sell him a 361. Sorry. I am greedy for them.
I have a slew of 036 saws, a MS362, as well as a Husky 362XP, none of them keep up with my lightly modified MS361.
At this year's PNW GTG I challenged a couple 70CC+ saws with it. While they beat me buy a second or two in 20" fir, I was impressed with how well it performed.

Best 60cc saw I have run remains the Stihl MS361. Out of over 100 saws that I have owned. The 036 came close to it. The 036 ran so good that the guy that brought a 362 to run against it and my 361s bought it! I would not sell him a 361. Sorry. I am greedy for them.
I am a Husky guy but I really admire the 361. I finally got a used one and they are pretty neat. It just took me a while to get used to how high they rev. They seem a little harder to tune the high side because they scream. But a guy good buy one new and never have to do anything to it but normal maintenance. No Cat muffler, no leaking plastic intake, or computerized carb woes. The only negative thing I can say is they were only made for like 5-6 years.

Okay, I have asked before, and Never gotten an answer, at 66.7cc, is the Husqvarna 266XP considered a 60 class saw, or an Honorary “70 Lite”?

Doug
Of course it is a 60 cc saw and anybody who says different is an idiot going by the way some people carry on that would make a 262xp a 50 cc saw if it number starts with a six it's a 60 cc saw if it starts with a 7 its a 70 cc saw simple as that .

Of course it is a 60 cc saw and anybody who says different is an idiot going by the way some people carry on that would make a 262xp a 50 cc saw if it number starts with a six it's a 60 cc saw if it starts with a 7 its a 70 cc saw simple as that .
But my new 390xp is not actually a 90 cc saw, Sometimes the numbers just don't add up. 88 was a number that caused havoc in this world.

Surprised no mention of the Poulan Pro 3300, who i think made my Sears Best 3.3 cu. in. Pretty decent saw back in the 80s for the poor man, if you kept it well maintained, that was my second saw the father in law gave me, just had to helicoil it and a new pullrope and ran well.....at least until a buddy showed up with a Husqvarna 365 special brand new and i got hooked

I’m not disagreeing with you, but the OP Specified 57-64cc(His Thread, His Rules), and this isn’t the first thread I have read with similar “Rules “ or thoughts

It may not seem “Fair” to compare a 262XP (I have never run one) to a 266XP, but at the same time compare a 266XP, to a 372XP???

Granted, I don’t have much run time on my 372XP, but in almost 30 years with the 266XP, I DO have a lot of run time on the 266XP, and in comparison, I would say that “Ol Reliable” compared Very Well

Doug

I love all my older huskys. I use them most of the time. And love every minute. 268xp 24" full wrap for felling, 61 20" for bucking, 45 special for limbing. No complaints they do their job.

And then when I get out my $40 562xp 24", I can't help but notice does every one of those tasks better than each of those 3 older saws that I love and take good care of. I put a full wrap and dogs on it. It's almost a little frustrating how good this saw works. But it's true. Except lately the auto-tune is giving me grief.

So, if anyone has some run time on a KMS4, 58cc’s, where would it fall? I’ve got to go get one my friends landlord gave me. Been sitting under his bench since the 70’s. He said it’s heavy and a gas hog. Sounds like all rotary engines. But, they tend to be quite powerful for their displacement.

Latest posts

Back