Best aftermarket fuel line?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquash

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Do you have a preferred brand of replacement fuel line tubing? One that lasts longer than others and doesn't kink?

The only stuff I know of is sold by Kimball-Midwest and it is subpar to Stihl OEM. It is OK enough though. Gets hard faster than Stihl or Echo oem and does not last as long. However it does not kink and will not slip of of a barb over time. If you ever have to take it off you have to replace the whole line. Not a big deal though since it is real cheap comparatively.

I'm sure the same stuff is sold elsewhere but it has a yellowish tint to it. Apparently Kimball just released a CARB compliant line as well. I don't know the specifics but it is a different material and a different color. If it doesn't harden up as fast it might be better than the yellow stuff.

Truth be told though, I only use aftermarket line on chainsaws for a quick temporary fix. I change OEM as soon as I can afterward. I use the aftermarket stuff on blowers, trimmers, etc. just not saws.

i buy echo by the roll way cheaper that way if you use enough of it stihl comes in 3 ft rolls for 18.00 only way to get stihl fuel line cheap is my 1000 ft roll . if you need a piece i can just send you some. also some unit have pre molded fuel line that is made only for that unit. what are you needing fuel line for if you dont mind me asking

i buy echo by the roll way cheaper that way if you use enough of it stihl comes in 3 ft rolls for 18.00 only way to get stihl fuel line cheap is my 1000 ft roll . if you need a piece i can just send you some. also some unit have pre molded fuel line that is made only for that unit. what are you needing fuel line for if you dont mind me asking
Man, I'd be happy to buy some from you and pay postage too! I need maybe 4 feet for a Hitachi RB24EAP blower, a Husqvarna 435 saw and a Ryobi 725r trimmer. The Hitachi fuel lines keep crapping out, the husky and ryobi are preventative maintenance. I'll PM you thanks.

Do you have a preferred brand of replacement fuel line tubing? One that lasts longer than others and doesn't kink?

your question puzzles me. there is plenty of inferior fuel line out there and you can buy it for less than oem but it ends up costing more when ethanol eats it and you have to replace it. i'm hardly a stihlisto but i buy almost all my fuel line from my local stihl dealer. he always has the sizes i need and for $5 i can go home with peace of mind. why are you worrying about saving a couple of semolians for fuel line on a $500 saw? same thing is even more true of molded lines. you can buy a asian knockoff for your 036 or 372 and be stuck on the job when it fails, or you can go with oem and get years of service out of it.

Another echo bulk line vote I've bought a 50ft roll years ago and am trying to find another roll.
Excellent stuff.

That's who I get mine from. He also has a online store. Check him out
whats the link to his online store? I been wanting some black echo line but i like the yellow on a saw im working on... so i can see the fuel coming up.....but i own alot of echo stuff and the main line is black going to the filter makes it look factory..... not that matters LOL....

Back