Best book on climbing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canyon Angler

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What's the best book on climbing? I would like to pick up one or two, especially for reference. I have the Peter "Treeman" Jenkins "Tree Climbing Basics" DVD but would like a book that goes into a lot of the other techniques. Thanks,
CA

i cannot say this enough....Tree Climbers Companion!! i have two copies one for the house and i keep another in the truck for reference (and it has solved alot of bets!) I used this book when i started and it is a terrific add to your professional library

agreed.

i thought the Jenkins DVD was lame but i have high expectations of everything and everyone..

i cannot say this enough....Tree Climbers Companion!! i have two copies one for the house and i keep another in the truck for reference (and it has solved alot of bets!) I used this book when i started and it is a terrific add to your professional library

More agreement with cntrybo2. It was the first book I bought and continues to be the most used. But I'll put in a word for Beranek's "The Fundamentals of General Tree Work", although I have to say it covers a lot more than "Fundamentals". A lot of the stuff he talks about should probably not be tried by "Newbies". Still, a lot of neat pictures to show you what is possible with time and experience, and a lot of good warnings about what can go wrong.

Latest posts

Back