Best chainsaw oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mels

St. Peter's Lodge #21 New Milford, CT
Never gave the Fx rating of 2-cycle oil a second thought. Maybe there's something to that.

A Brother and friend of mine who's on here also recently told me that he witnessed excessive carbon build-up when he used the ultra Stihl oil. Since changing to the Husky syn (is it XP?) his saws all run cleaner.

redbull660

redbull660

Addicted to ArboristSite

actually I was just thinking of dumping all of these into a bucket together and calling it good.

Mix to the perfect ratio of 38.2436184972465315:1

ekhmr5.jpg

fearofpavement

fearofpavement

Trying them all

actually I was just thinking of dumping all of these into a bucket together and calling it good.

Mix to the perfect ratio of 38.2436184972465315:1

ekhmr5.jpg
If you did that, you would be doing what I do. I mix all sorts of brands and types of 2 stroke oil together and mix it at 32:1 with 90 octane non ethanol. Works for me. Never a failure.

KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree

Terraphobic
3 of those oils in that pic i dumped into a gallon jug and mixed it all with kerosene and pour it into a spray bottle and use it for fire starter. Another one i sent to MustangMike, one is my favorite oil, and i have one waiting to be used, but not currently using any of them[emoji1]

Deleted member 83629
D

Deleted member 83629

i dont even think about what type of oil to use anymore i just use supertech at 32:1 because it works yeah sure it might smoke but it gets the job done and saves me money

drumbum

drumbum

ArboristSite Operative
Well, I would have to say, since I recently stocked up on 19 (newer see through) bottles of the 19.6oz poulan SYNTHETIC oil @ $5 per, this is the best 2-stroke aircooled oil, run @ 35-1. Comes out to like .83c per gal.

And got 4 gal of bar oil @$5 each. Plus the obligatory "I have a potty mouth" ( to all those concerned) for FREE.......YEAH!

Deleted member 83629
D

Deleted member 83629

nice i usually get bar oil at my dealer you just bring any kind of 1 gallon jug and he goes out back to fill it.
a gallon from the barrel is 3$ plus tax it has a red dye to it.

Full Chisel

Full Chisel

Slingin' Stihls and runnin' Huskies
nice i usually get bar oil at my dealer you just bring any kind of 1 gallon jug and he goes out back to fill it.
a gallon from the barrel is 3$ plus tax it has a red dye to it.

The bar oil that I have used that had a red dye was chain pro and I didn't like it...too thin for warm weather. It just didn't seem tacky at all.

I run Lucas semi-syn at 40:1 with an occasional shot of seafoam...works for me.