BEST ELECTRIC CHAINSAW GRINDER(SHARPENER)!??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaystihl

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
HEY GUYS , IVE BEEN HAND FILEING FOR YEARS BUT IM INTERESTED IN GETTING A GRINDER FOR THE SHOP TO SHARPEN CHAINS. I DONT MIND SPENDING MONEY ON A DECENT GRINDER THATS GOING TO SERVE ME WELL IN YEARS TO COME, JUST WANT A GOOD RECOMMENDATION ON A VERSATILE GRINDER THATS DECENT FOR SHARPENING SMALL AND LARGE AGGRESSIVE CHAINS. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

I just bought a oregon clone for 109 shipped off of fleabay. Works great! PM me if you want the item and seller. They are for sale all day buy it now.

Attachments

• 20151114_073917.jpg
    20151114_073917.jpg
    962.6 KB · Views: 35
looks good , great price ! are the more expensive grinders worth the money? or are they just bells and whistles , more or less?

i played with a buddies "expensive" model at his shop. I would say they are very similar. He runs some kind of metal wheel, which is 90 bucks, but he said it will last FOREVER! I maybe buying one soon.

Oregon 511AX, Amazon, $290. Have been using mine for a couple of years and have had no problems, very easy to use and accurate. Tried a Stihl, higher priced model. Not impressed. Seemed very barebones and not well built.

Wayne, what "metal" wheel is your buddy running? I'm interested. I've been using a Speed Sharp Star from Baileys (I think??) for around 3-4 years. No problem. Tired of replacing the stock wheels

He said he has some for sale, I will get a pic of it when I go up there. He is trying to sell me a couple saws that I need to check out. He's a little out of town for me but he always gets my saws done in a couple days, and parts always get there over night. The chains he has sharpened for me in the past were always sharp. But when your talking 50-100 worth of chain work at one time, it didn't take long add up to the sharpener, and doing it myself.

Latest posts

Back