Best Gas Powered Leaf Blower?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southside

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
on the southside of the mighty Merced River
I live on a ranch in North Cal. and the home has many, many, large old trees around it. With fall around the corner I'm looking to buy a new leaf blower, the Echo lasted only two seasons and has major engine problems. Can anyone recommend a commercial grade blower? Thanks, Southside

I live on a ranch in North Cal. and the home has many, many, large old trees around it. With fall around the corner I'm looking to buy a new leaf blower, the Echo lasted only two seasons and has major engine problems. Can anyone recommend a commercial grade blower? Thanks, Southside

What echo.. I have bp 415 and its 12 years old and still starts on 1 to 2 pulls.

I had the biggest Redmax for 4 years. Kill switch went last year and the carb this year. I replaced the carb and it's like new. While I was waiting for the carb I bought an Echo. One size down from the largest. Works great and I'm kind of glad to have something a little lighter in weight.
Phil

I picked up my redmax at pawn shop 3 yrs ago for a good price. Sure didn't look pretty but i can rip sod up w/ it if I'm not careful.

hand held or backpack? I've run echo, shindaiwa, and a few others...here's the key, got them all from an independent dealerships. The stuff sold there is more often pro grade unlike the junk at "big boxes r' us". My current backpack shindaiwa is 10 years old, looks like crap but starts in 2-3 pulls every time. My handheld is an echo pb200, slightly younger, well used. My only issue with it is that I occasionally have to adjust the tune from "really hot summer" to fall settings.

Check out the Husqvarna 580BTS. I have a 3-4 year old version of it (180BTS) and it's a beast. 4 of my neighbors ask to borrow it off and on throughout the year to clear leaves. I've never had a problem with it and it always starts in 2-3 pulls.

I just recently purchased the 600. It is a great blower. I liked the echo as well, but the stihl felt better on, echo seemed to be a little more narrow and I have a wide back. Dealer says he sells more echos, but says their about equal.

4 of my neighbors ask to borrow it off and on throughout the year to clear leaves. I've never had a problem with it and it always starts in 2-3 pulls.

That's the real test - lend it to the neighbors. If it keeps on working, it is a good product. :D

Latest posts

Back