Best goop to repair plastic threads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill, I have a running problem with a Husky 350, and last year I installed a new tpp end. Compresion is excellent, spark is good, fuel line and filter are all new. It has to be a bad carb. After what you posted here, I may try to convert it from a parts saw to a running saw by taking the next step -- buy a new carb. Who knows? I might save it.
Well played sir

Hell, yeah. Small expense to fix a saw worth a couple hundred easy, or a very valuable tool.

The owner of this saw had me up a few days ago. The bar studs were loose and fell into the oil tank. He created a tool to get the forward most stud back in the hole, but he was stymied over the rearmost stud. I devised a way to fix the problem, but he was livid in frustration the night before. I understand how these saws can seem to be more trouble then they are worth, but with some time and ingenuity they are fixable, and often quite inexpensively.

Bill, I have a running problem with a Husky 350, and last year I installed a new tpp end. Compresion is excellent, spark is good, fuel line and filter are all new. It has to be a bad carb. After what you posted here, I may try to convert it from a parts saw to a running saw by taking the next step -- buy a new carb. Who knows? I might save it.

Perhaps, but not a cake walk. It's the only non-running saw I have ever bought that still refuses to run. If anyone thinks that Huskies are a easy to fix and get back up, they have another few miles to walk
An HDA-159 and you're back in business.

Make or model doesn't matter, they can all act up. I just fought two Zama carbs to get a Stihl running.

An HDA-159 and you're back in business. Make or model doesn't matter, they can all act up. I just fought two Zama carbs to get a Stihl running.
There is no end to our battle to save them or repair them. One day I restored a saw, cleaned it all up, repaired or replaced all the broken parts and when I was through, it ran perfectly. A month later the owner returned it and it was in worse shape than the last time that I worked on it, beaten to a pulp.

Nowadays many owners have no respect at all for the equipment that they bought.

JB Weld is incredible. Now I am attempting to tune the saw. The limiter caps are missing, so the factory starting points are completely unknown. I have messed with it enough today, but so far is screams.

JB Weld is incredible. Now I am attempting to tune the saw. The limiter caps are missing, so the factory starting points are completely unknown. I have messed with it enough today, but so far is screams.
Change out the dished piston for a 353 piston, do a pressure vac check, set the screws at 1 turn out from seated, tune in wood, go cut firewood, I’m out.:cool:

Hell, yeah. Small expense to fix a saw worth a couple hundred easy, or a very valuable tool.

The owner of this saw had me up a few days ago. The bar studs were loose and fell into the oil tank. He created a tool to get the forward most stud back in the hole, but he was stymied over the rearmost stud. I devised a way to fix the problem, but he was livid in frustration the night before. I understand how these saws can seem to be more trouble then they are worth, but with some time and ingenuity they are fixable, and often quite inexpensively.
I use this type of magnetic pick up tool for getting the studs back in the holes. It only takes a few seconds. 63387.jpg

Latest posts

Back