best hard hat ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just go to my favorite industrial supply store and make my own "Canadian" helmet system .
My current helmet is a US made North , Oregon neck guard , Peltor standoffs for the muffs and a Peltor Screen , as things break or wear out I can go back and replace whats needed.

That would work but since both Stihl and Echo run promos for that same set-up at around $40, I just figured it would be worth it to grab one if they're decent.

Go to an industrial (safety) supply and look at the helmets and you'll see the difference between helmets .
40 $$ for a Stihl/Echo/Husky is a more than fair price and good value but the helmets I've seen were only a plastic bucket with suspension so you only get the lowest impact rating , better helmets carry higher side and top impact ratings . Basic helmets may also not meet OSHA/WCB specs in your area if required .

Go to an industrial (safety) supply and look at the helmets and you'll see the difference between helmets .
40 $$ for a Stihl/Echo/Husky is a more than fair price and good value but the helmets I've seen were only a plastic bucket with suspension so you only get the lowest impact rating , better helmets carry higher side and top impact ratings . Basic helmets may also not meet OSHA/WCB specs in your area if required .

This.

When you have seen a man cut right thru the lip from the bottom of his nose, baring his gums, you might recognize the importance of a full face shield. In the winter when the skin is cold it splits really easily, even from a stick being flung off the chain. There are good reasons that WCB in Canada requires side impact hardhats with faceshields and muffs.

That is too funny. I just thought everyone wore face shields. Im sitting here in my chesterfield Laughing my ass off

Back