Best Husky saw combo??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, dollar for dollar, the Husky can't touch the Dolmar power-wise. The 7900, even though it is 8cc's larger, packs almost 1hp more than the 372 Husky. I am pretty much sold on the 5100s and 7900 combo. Probably gonna bar the 5100s with a 18" .325 and have a 24" and 32" 3/8 for the 7900. Can't wait to get them!

I think the Dolmars are a good choice. The 7900, besides having more power, weighs a fraction less, and some people like the balance better. I usually end up using the 372xp because one of my kids I cut with grabs the 7900. Both are good saws, but that Dolmar combo is hard to beat. I think you'll be happy with it. ;)

Four Paws said:
Well, dollar for dollar, the Husky can't touch the Dolmar power-wise. The 7900, even though it is 8cc's larger, packs almost 1hp more than the 372 Husky. I am pretty much sold on the 5100s and 7900 combo. Probably gonna bar the 5100s with a 18" .325 and have a 24" and 32" 3/8 for the 7900. Can't wait to get them!

Wanting more power, And running a larger bar.
Me thinks you are trying to compensate for something elese.
Good luck.

off topic!

How's about this "SMALL UNIT" compensator? Hard tail, right side jockey shift, kicker, springer! Scan0003.jpg (45.1 KB)

Grease monkey said:
How's about this "SMALL UNIT" compensator? Hard tail, right side jockey shift, kicker, springer! Scan0003.jpg (45.1 KB)

Hard tails for hard a$$es, good scoot. My first sporty was a kicker. Never again.

Thats the bosses, we finished it last thursday for the Algona, Iowa A.B.A.T.E bike rally. I machined all the aluminum parts, head light, tail light, mirror, genarator cover, pionts cover, Air cleaner, front and rear wheel. whole bike exept the tank motor and seat were made at work! Scan0004.jpg

Good talent there Greese Monkey...

Hey Marky Mark Why do you say a 359 will out cut a 357?
I have read alot of threads about this I think it would take more then a muff mod to convence me.

Grease monkey said:
Thats the bosses, we finished it last thursday for the Algona, Iowa A.B.A.T.E bike rally. I machined all the aluminum parts, head light, tail light, mirror, genarator cover, pionts cover, Air cleaner, front and rear wheel. whole bike exept the tank motor and seat were made at work! Scan0004.jpg
Is that where they hold the AMA drag races at now? I saw them at Humbolt in 01

Manual, Was that at the freedom rally during the 4th of july? Now they move the rally to a private 140 acre spot by algona from humbolt.

Four Paws said:
Well, lots of great responses to my initial question, I really appreciate the input. Sounds like the 372XP is the sure favorite. It looks like I can get a 372XP with a 24" bar and chain, out the door for $625...what do you guys think??

I also did quite a bit of reading up on Dolmar saws. They sure seem like powerhouses - can anyone confirm or deny their horsepower claims? Their power to weight ratio appears to be VERY good! I found a local (40 miles away) dealer and spent some time chatting with them! Family owned, and great people. Told me they can get me both the 7900 and 5100s for $985.41 plus tax. That works out to $621 for the 7900, and $364.50 for the 5100s. What do you guys think?

Freakingstang, you seem to really like the 372Xp and 5100 combo. From reading and comparing a bunch of saws to the 5100s, I think I am sold on it!! Now, for the big saw - would you buy the 372XP or the 7900 since you have run them both? What size bars would you suggest. I was thinking 28" - 30" on the big saws, and a 20" on the 5100s.

Sounds like a good deal on the Dolmars! I have the EHP 7900 modified woods saw with a bullet proof 488 Shindaiwa but would really love to have a 5100s. (And I will have one soon!)

But you can’t go wrong with the tried and true 372 either. I wouldn’t trade my 7900 for a 372 but I wouldn’t say there might not be a 372 sitting beside the 7900.

Jeff

Best Husqvarna saw combo

I also am a homeowner with auxiliary wood heat. Depending on the size of the tree, I’ll use a 346/575 or 346/3120. I have a good source for burr oak and the 346/3120 combo gets used the most.

Latest posts

Back