Best Husky under $500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunbagone

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
What do ya think? 346xp is $474 at local dealer. 460 is $409. 455 is $374.
What about the 359? To heavy? Think that one is closer to $500. Looking for a lighter saw with 18" bar.

I have a 346xp and a 359 you can't go wrong with either, 346 will be lighter but it depends on what your intended use is (ie. what type of wood and how much you will use it) . 18" is about max on a 346 but some use a 20" with good results. 20" on the 359 but you have the option to run a 24" I personally run a 16' on the 346 and a 18 or 20 on the 359 with great results. I am sure Saw Troll will be on shortly and give you the specs. He is the master when it comes to that stuff listen to him. Sawing redneck likes the 350 and has had good results with it. don't count out the Stihl 026 and if you can strech it a 361 is a great option so sit back and wait, more to follow! Also what Urbicide said.

Last edited:
I have a 346xp and a 359 you can't go wrong with either, 346 will be lighter but it depends on what your intended use is (ie. what type of wood and how much you will use it) . 18" is about max on a 346 but some use a 20" with good results. 20" on the 359 but you have the option to run a 24" I personally run a 16' on the 346 and a 18 or 20 on the 359 with great results. I am sure Saw Troll will be on shortly and give you the specs. He is the master when it comes to that stuff listen to him. Sawing redneck likes the 350 and has had good results with it. don't count out the Stihl 026 and if you can strech it a 361 is a great option so sit back and wait, more to follow! Also what Urbicide said.

I fail to see why 026 had to be bought up in this discussion, since its totally outdated, heavy and powerless compared to 346xp and even more so when compared with NE346xp...

I fail to see why 026 had to be bought up in this discussion, since its totally outdated, heavy and powerless compared to 346xp and even more so when compared with NE346xp...

Options young grasshopper, there is a difference between saws that cut fast and those that last.........

For a general purpose saw in the price range you stated, pretty hard to beat the 359, it will do everything and more than the others mentioned. And with a 16 or 18'' bar makes a nice smaller saw.:greenchainsaw:

Why? Becuase it's a professional saw that's been around forever and is a proven design. It works and works well.

Last edited:
Granted!

Why? Becuase it's a professional saw that's been around forever and is a proven design. It works and works well.

Ya, blsnelling - you're right!
I don't think we want to even go there again!!! Enough with the 260 already- - it's a great saw. And when muffler-modded maybe keeps up with the 346.

The original poster asked for and wanted to get recommendations on the best HUSKY under $500.

So SHAUNBAGON - if it 's weight you're concerned about then the 455 and 460 probably wouldn't be your best choices either. I'd recommend the NE346XP or the 353 or possibly the 359.

Al :cheers:

Last edited:

And it isn't a Husky under $500, either.

Here's my vote - $410 for the pair:

Husqvarna_Saws.jpg

I would save some hassle and just eliminate the 455 and 460 from the list!!! For $500, there are a LOT better saws to choose from!!

I dont own a husky anymore and I know its not real popular but the 455 for the money has been a realy good wood saw, cut alot of wood and never had a issue.Pulls a 20" bar witha skip chain realy well.Thanxs

:chainsawguy:

I LIKE THE 346XP GOOD POWER & RUNS FAST.

334T
335XPT
338XPT CALIFORNIA
346XP
372XP BIG BORE KIT
395XP
HUSKY ROCKS !!!
CHEVY 3500HD

Latest posts

Back