Best John Deere Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan_289

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I work at a John Deere dealership and have since I was in college. I remember the green John Deere saws from the early 2000s. I know that the green ones were made by Efco and the yellow ones were made by Echo. (Homelite was in there somewhere as well) I was thinking about looking for one to have around. Which ones were better, Echo or Efco? I think I want one in the 50-60 cc size so that I will get a pro type model. Ebay or the trading post here is about my only option. We got a really nice CS62 in the shop a few months ago, the guy wouldnt sell it!

I saw that one. Thats a plastic case model isnt it? From what I found, the 56 was the first mag cased saw.
From pic #2 it looks to be plastic and also not split. That would be the homeowners edition, but still a nice saw, but a little high IMO. It does say Pro series on the air filter cover though. $175-$200 if one really wants it would not be bad.

So I work at a John Deere dealership and have since I was in college. I remember the green John Deere saws from the early 2000s. I know that the green ones were made by Efco and the yellow ones were made by Echo. (Homelite was in there somewhere as well) I was thinking about looking for one to have around. Which ones were better, Echo or Efco? I think I want one in the 50-60 cc size so that I will get a pro type model. Ebay or the trading post here is about my only option. We got a really nice CS62 in the shop a few months ago, the guy wouldnt sell it!
all people can think, is steal,steal, steal......just like the guy tho,,he owned it,,and wont sell it..cs62 is one fine saw....

4f10639b37111082982574f2a0187b52.jpg

L to R. 15/SL10 at 50cc, 23/SL55 at 82cc and 23/PL55 at 82cc.

Very nice saws Carl but I wouldn`t cut much with them anymore, got spoiled by the newer saws with good AV systems now. The CS56 I built a few years back with some assistance from site members for locating parts has become my camp or cottage saw that I really don`t mind using at all, it has done very well in the firewood scrounging for the place.

Latest posts

Back