Best Jonsered of all time?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the best JRed of all time?

• 70E

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • 49SP

Votes: 5 4.1%

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • 52/52E

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • 90/910/920/930

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • 801/820/830

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • 111S

Votes: 14 11.6%

Votes: 9 7.4%

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 28 23.1%

• Total voters
Here's my favourite Jonny(s) : enough said :rockn:

attachment.php
+1!

"In those days" Belgian? "IN THOSE DAYS"?!!
Gentlemen, are we going to let him talk this way ON A JONSERED THREAD??!!!

:laugh: :laugh:

:blush: I was afraid my bestest friend out of Va, ya know, the Elvis character, was gonna go after me if I'd said I still like Jonnie's today... :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
The closest you get is the 55, but apparently it is not as close as I used to think.....:)

The 55 has an outboard clutch while the 2054 is inboard. Is it the same cylinder?

Judging which Jonsered is the best of all time is not easy if you haven't had the chance to run them. The Jonny silver backs are my favourite collector saws, and from all the Jonsereds I have run so far(XD, XF, Raket 85, 49sp, 80, 111S) my favourite is the 111, but the 80 is close second. Jonsereds in those days must have been one of the best saw manufacterers all together, and the 70 models are top notch ...

Here's my favourite Jonny(s) : enough said :rockn:

Belgian have I ever told you that you suck? Well you do. What man in his right mind needs two 111S'? You have a disease, the only cure is to send me one ASAP. :cheers:

Last edited:
The 55 has an outboard clutch while the 2054 is inboard. Is it the same cylinder?

Belgian have I ever told you that you suck? Well you do. What man in his right mind needs two 111S'? You have a disease, the only cure is to send me one ASAP. :cheers:

I beleive one is a 111 and one is a 111S, but I agree it's just plain greedy :)

The 2054 and Husky 55 are totally different saws. Completely different crankcase, which is something that saws of the same family usually have in common. There really was no Husky version of the 2054, and while there are obvious Partner characteristics in the design, I don't know of a direct corresponding Partner model to this saw, or it's 2051/2055 brothers.

So... it's a true Jonsered!!!

Last edited:

Share the love Belgian. :cheers:

The 2054 and Husky 55 are totally different saws. Completely different crankcase, which is something that saws of the same family usually have in common. There really was no Husky version of the 2054, and while there are obvious Partner characteristics in the design, I don't know of a direct corresponding Partner model to this saw, or it's 2051/2055 brothers.

That's what I was thinking. I didn't think the 55 parts would work on the 2054. Those saws were still available in the early 2000's weren't they?

Maybe the most recent, but hope not the last, real JRed.

Only if you pry them from my cold dead hands....to use the words of a famous (dead) american :cheers:

You know what they say about greed in the bible don't you? It says to giveth any duplicates saws to thy brother PlantBiologist for a minimal shipping charge.

I read it in Psalms this morning. God told me so.

LOLOL, says the man with the largest Jonny signature on this site...:cheers:

There have been many discussions on the difference between the 111 and the 111S on other sites, but I have looked both saws over and cannot find any differnce between them (externally that is). I believe it must have been a marketing thing, but I am not sure.
Both are excellent runners though.

Well, I suspect they were developments of the 490/590, and those sure were close relatives of both Partner and Husky saws.........

Well, I suspect they were developments of the 490/590, and those sure were close relatives of both Partner and Husky saws.........

Again they both (490/590) had outboard clutches, and don't really resemble them at all. (Designs) 10 years apart maybe? Accept it Troll, (the 2051/2054/2055 models are) all JRed saws. LOL. :cheers:

Last edited:
Not sure I understand that post...........:givebeer:

LOL! Not sure I do either.... :cheers:

The 490 and 590 were definite Partner developments, but I don't think any characteristics of those saws carried over to the 2051,2054,2055. I think these 3 saws are a JRed only design. Might have been designed by Husky engineers but were only implemented in the red and black saws.

The 490/590 saws were a pretty old design (early 80's?) by the time the 2000 series saws came out (early 90's).

Last edited:
If there are no corresponding Husky or Partner models to the 2051/2054/2055, then the saws in question are Jonsereds. No other logical conclusion is possible. Just because Jonsered adopted the Partner handle idea for many of their saws, doesn't make them Partners. Why not say the Stihl 441 is a Husky because they have a similar anti-vibe set up?

Come on Troll, just admit I'm right so I can get back to work.:cheers:

If there are no corresponding Husky or Partner models to the 2051/2054/2055, then the saws in question are Jonsereds. No other logical conclusion is possible. Just because Jonsered adopted the Partner handle idea for many of their saws, doesn't make them Partners. Why not say the Stihl 441 is a Husky because they have a similar anti-vibe set up?

Come on Troll, just admit I'm right so I can get back to work.:cheers:

I have accepted your take on the 2051 etc thing, but they still are Elux Jonsereds, not pure Jonsereds - LOL ........:)

:blush: I was afraid my bestest friend out of Va, ya know, the Elvis character, was gonna go after me if I'd said I still like Jonnie's today... :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

You don't worry about that outhouse-usin' horn-swagglin' knuckle-dragger from Leesburg...let me handle him! He says any thing derogitory about you and your Jonnys...he's going down like a Clinton intern! :D :D :D

Back