Best Open Can AM 357xp/359 Muffler to Mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wewing

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking for an open can(no internal baffle) 357/359 muffler. I have read that some of the Asian mufflers are open design but the ones I see advertised don't specify one way or the other.
wolfcreeksawshop on ebay states that the NWP model they sell is "open port" but does have the internal baffle.
So if anyone has a 1st hand knowledge on where to order an open can design your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

Call Ryan at Wolf Creek. He'll get it out of the box and tell you exactly what he has. He's a very helpful guy.

I sent them a PM and got a quick response, the muffler they stock has a baffle. They also stated that some AM mufflers require shims or support bracket modifications due to muffler front to back dimensions.
I have read there is a model out there that doesn't have a baffle. But unless someone has 1st hand knowledge of who to order one from it is going to be tough to find.

Well, it's probably faster to just grind out the baffle then. I put a monster port on the front of mine that bypasses it so I'm not sure how much trouble it would be to remove. It's not "stock appearing" but it flows great!

Note the screen under the bolt-on deflector. I don't know why more people don't do this. You can pick up bronze window screen at most hardware stores that is easily cut to fit and has a more open weave for better flow.

Note the screen under the bolt-on deflector. I don't know why more people don't do this. You can pick up bronze window screen at most hardware stores that is easily cut to fit and has a more open weave for better flow.
During fire season the screens are required by law in my state and many others. The mesh size is also noted in the law.

Back