best power to weight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.46 hp per pound is gonna be pretty tough to beat... Although I think my black widow weighs in at a little more than 13.5 lbs... Still a vicious saw... Right out of the box... :msp_sneaky:

I've used a lot of saws over the years and yesterday used my 79 to cut up some good sized 4ft red oak. That saw literally tore thru that wood. Very impressive. Oh I was on top of my wood pile. Very versatile saw! You gotta hand it to the Germans, and nmurph that put it together!

Last edited:
You're right my friend! the 262 is 4.8 HP and 12.8 lbs./ the 562 is 4.7 HP and 12.3 lbs!

That is VERY good news!

All of you with 262s that want to upgrade, just let me know.
I'll take all of those useless old 262s off your hands and even give you gas money to go get your new saw!!!!!

Mike

I agree Mike. The actual weight of a 562 is probably close to 12lb 12oz given the numbers that manufacturer's defective scales usually produce. If so, then it is a was in line with the weight of a 262. I know that Randy has said a 562 is stronger than a 262, but I would like to see both in the same wood with the same operator. I'm not saying it's not, but I would like to see just what the difference amounts to. One thing I do know, a 262 sounds way better than a 562.

And the actual weight of a 7900 is 14lbs 10oz.

I weighed a very clean 346NE this past weekend and it was only a couple of tenths over 11lbs 4oz. I would bet that weight would be less than an ounce off of a 346 rolling off of the factory line.

Last edited:
My cousin had a 262 and loved it. It got squashed by his trackhoe i think. Hes now wanting a 562. From what i understand if ya have a 262xp then hang on to her....

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I just bet this new 562 is stronger since it has autotune. Maybee not though

My 7900 weighed 4 oz. less than my 460 but then it only had a half wrap handle where the 460 had a 3/4 wrap and big cover, so I'd say they weigh the same. Powerwise if the 460 has the dual port muffler they cut about the same, but you can lean considerably harder on the 460. Actually in 28" wood the 064 kicks both of their rears and if it's an early one like my 1986 model, it weighs the same as them as well. However in smaller wood under 25" wood, I'd give the nod to the smaller saws with their rpm advantage. Still for power to weight I think the 064 really had it.

One thing is for sure. The 562 will make you forget a 346 ever exsisted lol....i would walk by 10 346's to get 1 562.

One thing is for sure. The 562 will make you forget a 346 ever exsisted lol....i would walk by 10 346's to get 1 562.

I just can't get over how funky that 562 looks... Eh... Maybe they'll grow on me.. But be honest... If you colored them all orange, they would look like an Echo 600P...
:hell_boy:

No, everyone knows the 346 is great little saw especially so when ported

I just can't get over how funky that 562 looks... Eh... Maybe they'll grow on me.. But be honest... If you colored them all orange, they would look like an Echo 600P...
:hell_boy:

Man, they are soooo smooth and strong in a little package. Best stock saw Ive ever ran. You just have to run one. You wouldnt believe the power she puts out

Man, they are soooo smooth and strong in a little package. Best stock saw Ive ever ran. You just have to run one. You wouldnt believe the power she puts out

I wonder if anyone will have one at the OKMOKT GTG this April... Nothin' like running saws side by side...

I wonder if anyone will have one at the OKMOKT GTG this April... Nothin' like running saws side by side...

These "autotune"saws are the way to go imo. They will compensate for port work which is remarkable. The 562xp ported would be an animal lol....

I really wish i could. But im committed to Scotts GTG the week before. Theres just no way i can do both. Thanks though.

Back