Best saw builders for high performance pro work saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I cut some wood with that saw one time.

Later
Dan

I got a 346xpG 45cc you did up, that is right on the skirts of the fastest 50cc 346's out there and pulling 3/8 with authority at that.

I got another 346 45cc top you had done in on trade and put it on a OE. A tree guy south of me was up testing some saws and had to have that one even with the 346 carb still abd pulling 3/8 like a mad dog. So I only have the one with 357 carb left.

I liked that 346 NE xpG I had at the spring gtg you did. Felt like a mini 372 pulling the 3/8.

Good Morning all. :msp_thumbup:

I haven't used my xpg very much this year yet. Now that its getting colder I may use it again. I have been using a 5000 plus that I picked up on CL for 30.00. It runs well and will walk all over my xpg but I don't like the width or feel of the thing. I will find a nice Husky 50 one of these days and use my top end that runs an 039 carb. I tried the 026 carb like you did on one but I still wouldn't feed it.

Later
Dan

.........Ouch!

001-20.jpg

That thing needs a air shroud, an air filter and a new job site :)

I haven't used my xpg very much this year yet. Now that its getting colder I may use it again. I have been using a 5000 plus that I picked up on CL for 30.00. It runs well and will walk all over my xpg but I don't like the width or feel of the thing. I will find a nice Husky 50 one of these days and use my top end that runs an 039 carb. I tried the 026 carb like you did on one but I still wouldn't feed it.

Later
Dan

026 carbs hardly are larger than the originals, as I remember it. Both are smaller than a 346xp carb.

i am very certain that there are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you will find that if your not costantly looking for an edge,better way and trying new things that your porting will go the the path of the dinosour. theres way to many builders still out there doing the same ol same ol that they have for umteen years. while yes it still works there have been leaps and bounds of improvement made by other builders.

Last edited:
The P5000 carb I looked up is 12.7mm. Some 026 carbs are 13.49, and some are 12.7. 346xp carbs are 15.0mm.

and?

he is replacing the 5000 not a 346 carb. You have to make everything work you know. Pay attention to the CHOKE set up. :msp_wink:

Heck Niko I have drink a qt of shine and thinking straighter then you are. :jester: 272 HS

Last edited:
that is a loaded question lol

How would one determine this? By who said what or he said this and that, you/I paid for the title LOL. ROFL! A sticker poll is the only way to go here. I'm a poet but, only part time :)

"Everybody has their favorite builder but every builder on here is well known and their saws have been run, and talked about, enough that they're trusted. I wouldn't hesitate to send a saw to anybody you mentioned."

So the rep is where it's at hu.

How do I buy some rep? lol

".....and for the highest performance of all......DCHotsaws!.......Hahahahahahaha!"

Who builds race saws here on the east coast or in the NE US?

Flat tops are the way to go IMHO for easy of a rebuild and replacement pistons. In most engines the flat or dish will have more grunt. It all boils down to a faster more even flame front. High compression with dished pistons makes the most overall power. But why? A small but important note here is they are much less prone to detonation. This is really where the power gains come from.

"One of these days I'm gonna learn when to sit in the corner and be quiet............ "
Be quiet, back to your corner now! No soup for you, two weeks...

"These threads bare a striking resemblance to this race..."
Wiggs chimes in with a winner!!! rof

"Of course it is impossible to prove what works and not, when several changes are made more or less at the same time."
That, I don't believe that. Let me into GM's or Ford or Dart's R&D department, give me a young educated kid with a keen knowledge of how to run a double flow bench, I'll find out what works and what don't, just sayin'

Bench Racers = PRICELESS

and?

he is replacing the 5000 not a 346 carb. You have to make everything work you know. Pay attention to the CHOKE set up. :msp_wink:

Heck Niko I have drink a qt of shine and thinking straighter then you are. :jester: 272 HS

:msp_biggrin: I just mentioned the 346xp carb to put the venturi size of the others in perspective, I wasn't suggesting that he could use it.

Welcome to page 18 :dizzy:

I'll just proclaim myself to be the best. See now that was easy. You didn't need 18 pages for that.

To the OP now you know to. :clap:
I'm just over halvway on page #3. You can choose how many posts you have on each page, 20, 40 or 100 I believe...

Edit, page 18 doesn't add up with any bof that though? :dizzy:

Last edited:
Back