Best saw builders for high performance pro work saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some bling only J. Johnson could appreciate...

attachment.php

NOT TRUE!!!

I can appreciate a Dolly 9010 as much as anyone Davy Crockett hat or not.

Mike

Thank you all

Very entertaining, I think I have a game plan. The only thing I want to know is how much for the HAT?:clap:

I could use that hat next weekend in eagle river Wisconsin at the Amsoil snowmobile world championship.

I could use that hat next weekend in eagle river Wisconsin at the Amsoil snowmobile world championship.

That should be a Great Time!......always wanted to go to that race.

Owned one of these.....1980 Sno-pro Arctic Cat

arcticcatracer.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see what you're saying on that one Niko my friend. It's not much if any larger than stock.

It isn't the worst one I have seen, but it still looks like it is more than needed. Pictures may mislead a bit though.

Anyway, large flanges on the intakes to the transfers are much worse, specially when combined with no porting inside the transfers. That just reduces case compression, without any gains at all.

Also it is a rather common misunderstanding that porting times are "what counts". To some degree they are, but it really is about time/area, not just the times themselves.

I fail to see the point with such a flanged exhaust port - is it a saw cylinder, or is it a sculpture? :dizzy:

The picture was to show the paint, i didnt want to show what was done inside ,i didnt want to show someone elses work without their approval,it may not have a huge exh flange ,but what was done inside works good in a worksaw,makes smooth power and pulls a long bar nice

The picture was to show the paint, i didnt want to show what was done inside ,i didnt want to show someone elses work without their approval,it may not have a huge exh flange ,but what was done inside works good in a worksaw,makes smooth power and pulls a long bar nice
I am not that worried if the "flange" thinking isn't carried on inside the cylinder - but it surely doesn't help anything, as far as I know.

That should be a Great Time!......always wanted to go to that race.

Owned one of these.....1980 Sno-pro Arctic Cat

arcticcatracer.jpg

This weekend is the vintage weekend and of course warm up there, compared to normal. Next weekend is the wc and it's the 50 year anniversary! Usually walking back to or motel from the track the bank says around -30 without wind chill. But we bring enough antifreeze with us so we don't freeze to death.lol good times up there.
Antifreeze = homemade apple pie, blackberry brandy, peppermint schnapps, cherry Dr and so on.

Latest posts

Back