Best saw builders for high performance pro work saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simon (simonizer) did a fantastic job on my MS460, but Mastermind will be doing my next work. Lots of good builders on here, I don't want a dang cookie cutter, I want a strong azz work saw that will take hours of hard use in the woods, one day I'll try one of Terry Landrum's as well. I'm just not in the high rpm, cookie cutters running against a watch, but strong saws that will increase production at no or little cost to reliabilty.

Finally some one said something worth reading,well done.:clap:

I am fairly new to this site and the world of ported saws, but I will give my opinions just the same. I have a ms460 that Ecsaws ported, a makita with 7900 top end ported by Stumpy, and several saws done by Tree monkey including my 346xp, ms440, 064, 026 and soon to be picked up 056mag super. I cut fire wood for heating my home and shop and I also enjoy going to GTG's and having some friendly competitions with the nice folks I have met here on AS. I cant say anything about the other folks that port saws but the three people that have built me saws have done a nice job. I live fairly close to Tree monkey and he is truley a stand up guy, I enjoy hanging out and chatting with him and he can build a very strong saw. I can also say I have had some very entertaining chats with Stumpy, a real good down to earth guy who also builds a mean saw. I dont know how anyone could come up with a way to pick the "best", Im just glad we have options. Heck I would like to have a saw from each of the builders on this site. As far as the op's original question, I would think any of my ported saws would be excellent hp pro work saws. I must say I do love my 064.

im havin a bad gut feeling the op is not gonna find the best builder ................

I am fairly new to this site and the world of ported saws, but I will give my opinions just the same. I have a ms460 that Ecsaws ported, a makita with 7900 top end ported by Stumpy, and several saws done by Tree monkey including my 346xp, ms440, 064, 026 and soon to be picked up 056mag super. I cut fire wood for heating my home and shop and I also enjoy going to GTG's and having some friendly competitions with the nice folks I have met here on AS. I cant say anything about the other folks that port saws but the three people that have built me saws have done a nice job. I live fairly close to Tree monkey and he is truley a stand up guy, I enjoy hanging out and chatting with him and he can build a very strong saw. I can also say I have had some very entertaining chats with Stumpy, a real good down to earth guy who also builds a mean saw. I dont know how anyone could come up with a way to pick the "best", Im just glad we have options. Heck I would like to have a saw from each of the builders on this site. As far as the op's original question, I would think any of my ported saws would be excellent hp pro work saws. I must say I do love my 064.

064's are where its at!
On a side not, I've never ran any of Stumpys saws, but what I've seen on AS- he does some VERY clean port work. Nice looking machining too. I have talked to others who have observed the same.

Ok, but there is no such thing as an 056mag super :msp_biggrin:

064's are where its at!
On a side not, I've never ran any of Stumpys saws, but what I've seen on AS- he does some VERY clean port work. Nice looking machining too. I have talked to others who have observed the same.

The makita (known as Stumpkita) that Stumpy built for me is sweet, ranks up high as one of my favorite saws to run.:msp_biggrin:

Stickers. What stickers I didn't think he had any stickers at lease I guess he had one and you got the last one

It's hit n' miss with the :monkey:. Some of mine came home with em some didn't, so he gave me a few extras once.:laugh:

It helps if you put a rhubarb pie in the box when you ship him your saw

I didn't ship him the saw he got the saw for me did his magic and ship it to me,if I shipped it he would has gotten a empty pan I like rhubarb pie:laugh:

It's hit n' miss with the :monkey:. Some of mine came home with em some didn't, so he gave me a few extras once.:laugh:

Sexy...

265340d1354550588-562xp-jpg

And angry...

Latest posts

Back