Best saw builders for high performance pro work saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had two xpw's, two 2171's and two 2153's. One with a turned pistion and one with a cut chamber. I could tell the difference in the increased torque of the cut method. The turned pistion saws are quicker to spool up.

Hmmm...
Who's to say the saw with the pop-up doesn't also have a cut squish band...
And who's to say the saw with a cut band and flat top piston didn't also have the crown trimmed...
:msp_scared:

Pssssshhhhh....

For that matter, who's to say half of my saws even have the piston they were meant to have in em'!!!
:dizzy:

Pssssshhhhh....

For that matter, who's to say half of my saws even have the piston they were meant to have in em'!!!
:dizzy:

Well if a guy has got alot of saws, works in the woods sawing full time, a saw with a different or cut piston is fine cause you will always have a backup saw. I always post from my perspective: everyones a pro and need their saw to put food on the table LOL

ive never had a proerly tuned and maintained saw go down and need a piston replaced. the saws that have went down on me or my customers has been catostrophic failure and a new piston would not get them back in the wood. most anyone that is going to put the money into a ported saw ,is going to maintain that saw and know if something is different and needs attention. if i have a customer with a saw down i can do a piston and have it in his hands in just a few days. if your making a living with a saw and dont have a back up saw,then your not prepared very well to do your job.

ive never had a proerly tuned and maintained saw go down and need a piston replaced. the saws that have went down on me or my customers has been catostrophic failure and a new piston would not get them back in the wood. most anyone that is going to put the money into a ported saw ,is going to maintain that saw and know if something is different and needs attention. if i have a customer with a saw down i can do a piston and have it in his hands in just a few days. if your making a living with a saw and dont have a back up saw,then your not prepared very well to do your job.

Not prepaired very well to do your job ehh? Easy for you to say mr Rollen in the dough in part of the usa that actually has work. Work is tough to get here, and when you do get work it doesnt pay as well as it should.

Well if a guy has got alot of saws, works in the woods sawing full time, a saw with a different or cut piston is fine cause you will always have a backup saw. I always post from my perspective: everyones a pro and need their saw to put food on the table LOL

I assume those that depend on their saws have backups, if not, :msp_scared:.

I should stay out of this thread but here goes anyway, for all you guys claiming the cut squish band is building torque please understand this. The cut squish band (and pop-up piston) builds COMPRESSION which is the driving factor in building torque.

In my mind it really does not matter how you get 200 psi (or what psi you want) as long as the compression and port timing is there it will make torque.

One of these days I'm gonna learn when to sit in the corner and be quiet............

Latest posts

Back