Best Skidsteer for hauling big logs and brush

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drmiller100 said:
my skid steer happily lifts over the sides of a full sized 10 wheeler dump truck. i'm a little confused by the guy who said they won't lift very high. Standard is 10 feet or so.

John464 was talking about the mini skid steers. Also your skid steer maybe able to lift it 10'; BUT IT CAN NOT LIFT 10' OVER THE BED AND THEN LAY THE LOGS DOWN GENTLY LIKE YOU CAN WITH A KNUCKLEBOOM OR CRANE. ONCE YOU LIFT WITH A SKID YOU HAVE TO JUST DROP IT IN THE BED. THIS I KNOW AS I HAVE OPERATED SEVERAL DIFFERENT SKID STEERS. The abuse the bed would get from constantly dropping logs in the back with weaken the bed severaly over time. Not to mention if John464 went with a NEW skid steer if he added say $10-15K ontop of that he could go out and buy a very nice used crane which in this line of work especailly out here in NJ is a much better piece of equipment to have + you can rent it out which LOTS of tree companies that I know do and they make big $$$$.

i would say the posi track rc 30 i your best bet. it lifts nice size logs , and if you add a implex graple on it you could easly load logs from the back of the truck and stack them high. i am actully looking to buy a rc30 now for backyard takedowns . being that i cant get my asv 4500 in any back yards, but still that machine weighs a little over 10'000 with the bucket empty and i can ride rite across a lawn and as long as i make no serious turns the grass looks never touched...the rc30 only weighs 3600 lbs. and has a ground psi of 3.6 lbs per suare inch witch is equal to the average human walking acorss a lawn. not to mention the comapny provides a green track assembly for operation on golf courses and such witch is extreamly turf friendly but nooo traction what so ever..and the rc30 new only cost around 20'000 off the show room floor. ive seen demo units with 20 or 30 hours at auction go for 10 to 12 grand ..just some thoughts

got your skisteer problem fixed right here. used to build them...pretty sweet units and the capability to do anything with them...

C87LAct4.JPG

C87LAct1.JPG

C87LAct3.JPG

Tons more and other models. I think this is the only loader.....121" lift height at 41GPM.....

http://www.raycomfg.com/c87lsolo.htm

Latest posts

Back