best tach

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i work on a lot of engines as a hobby, and I have about 11 car tachs and 2 2stroke tachs with pickup wires. one is fiddly to not lose the wire, the other has areal slow refresh rate that makes it annoyig to use. Who makes a good tach, say ~50$, and who makes the BEST tach for chainsaws? money no object/prograde etc. I think I'm gonna buy myself a present.
I tried a few very inexpensive Tachometers from Amazon that really didn't work for chainsaws. The Amazon tachometers might work well for low rpm motors, but not for chainsaws. Their display was jumpy and impossible to discern and one of the Amazon tachometers didn't go past 10,000rpm. Then I purchased the ProLine Solo Tachometer. The Proline Solo Tachometer works terrific with my chainsaws! I think it has a very fast pickup and must average the pulses - updating the display about every 3/4 second. The readings are VERY easy to discern. I high recommend the ProLine Solo tachometer.

Th

Proline® Solo Chainsaw Tachometer For Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo, Wireless Fastest Rate .25 sec​

This is the one you want, it reads instantly and accurately. I have used it over a year after buying and returning about 6 other brands. It was about 60 bucks last time I looked. I'll put the link to it down below, links have been hit or miss on here lately but a google search will get you where you need to go quickly if it does not load.
https://sawzillaparts.com/proline-s...-husqvarna-echo-wireless-fastest-rate-25-sec/
Thanks for posting this gents. Yup, it works terrific !!!!
Thank you

Back