Best two saw combo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn’t see a Stihl in that lineup, hmmmmmm!:cool:
didn't have the MS260 at that time. I will say i have been using my Ms260 for the last week and a half to clear out a whole mess of 6"-14" pondarosa pine trees for a lady here locally. She is paying me to clear out all the dead stuff and i get to keep the wood. which i have been bucking up to sell as camp firewood to a couple small RV parks and gas stations for them to resale. I'm well over 100 trees on the ground and still have about 50-60 trees left to go.

Even if you can't feel your hands after running the 462?

Nighthunter was saying his had bad vibrations, but hopefully that's an anomaly and not the norm. In general, the move by stihl to incorporate some features from Husky saws has made them much nicer for the user. :)
Have there been reports of numb hands from 462 owners?
I don't know what happened with it but I put a about 10 tanks through it yesterday and had no problems so it must have been a problem with me the last day

I don't know what happened with it but I put a about 10 tanks through it yesterday and had no problems so it must have been a problem with me the last day
I told you to stop leaving you bubble gum on the clutch drum, it's throwing things out of balance :p.
Did you run that 572 yet, very smooth :D.

I don't have a 254xp any more some SOB took it from my truck at the Pub...I liked that saw too :(
I liked mine a lot, kinda like a grown up 346 as far as handling and power goes.
I feel your pain on it, I had a 2153 stolen off a lot I was working on, 2 houses away from here :cry:. That saw was the fastest stock 346 I've owned, and I've had one or two.

I told you to stop leaving you bubble gum on the clutch drum, it's throwing things out of balance :p.
Did you run that 572 yet, very smooth :D.
:mad:how DARE you say I stuck bubble gum to the clutch drum,it was a chewit and I stuck it to the flywheel :laugh:. I ran the 572 the other day with a 20 on it, it a nice combo but stihl a little heavy but that my opinion but I could be wrong in your mind, I wish I could have ran a longer bar as the saw has some grunt to it

:mad:how DARE you say I stuck bubble gum to the clutch drum,it was a chewit and I stuck it to the flywheel :laugh:. I ran the 572 the other day with a 20 on it, it a nice combo but stihl a little heavy but that my opinion but I could be wrong in your mind, I wish I could have ran a longer bar as the saw has some grunt to it
Lol.
I don't think it will balance out as well with a 20, probably feel better with a 24(Mike and I were just talking about this in the scrounge thread). Did it feel as though it was flickable, or did you think the 462 was better in that aspect.

Lol.
I don't think it will balance out as well with a 20, probably feel better with a 24(Mike and I were just talking about this in the scrounge thread). Did it feel as though it was flickable, or did you think the 462 was better in that aspect.
I was nimble with the with the 20 but do think it would be a lot better with a 24"as It would make it a better balanced combo, I had the 462 on a 30" today and it like it wasn't even there in some knotty beech but felt way to unbalanced in my opinion but is 100% perfect with a 25". I would have loved to try the 572 with the same bar then I could give you a proper answer

I was nimble with the with the 20 but do think it would be a lot better with a 24"as It would make it a better balanced combo, I had the 462 on a 30" today and it like it wasn't even there in some knotty beech but felt way to unbalanced in my opinion but is 100% perfect with a 25". I would have loved to try the 572 with the same bar then I could give you a proper answer
The one I ran had a 26" cannon on it so it was a bit heavier than a 24 would be, but it felt pretty good, I still think a 24 or a light weight 28 would have been perfect.
So the best two saw combo; a 462 and a 572 for the win :numberone:.

2 saws- a 50cc & 80cc, will do for most fire wood gettin' imo.
And I learned the hard way to take my orange 50cal ammo-can full tools for my saws
& a few extra parts as well! Cause it sucks to go out 10miles and cut for 10-20 mins
then have a saw play hooky on ya, lol.
I pinched a saw bar recently and if I hadn't had another saw it would have stayed there
til' I got back with another one!

Normally I just take all the saws. If it could be only 2 the 490 would go every time and the big saw would depend on how big the wood was. 20" and up 7910 under 20 ported 590.

Latest posts

Back