Best vintage Husqvarna?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the crank flyweights had to be ground down to fit in the crank case.. has virtually NO clearance between them.. Also had to regrind the flywheel taper closer in... Used the 61 conn rod, and the 1mm extra piston height was perfect for taking up the big squish after a touch of machining on the squish band.. didn't need to lower the jug. I have the pipe tuned for revs, so it is a dog down low, but it's running at 11,500 in the cut now.. I called it the Manhattan project, since I figured if it ran at all it would blow up spectacularly but it hasn't happened yet.. I do run it at 24:1 mix though since I know I'm pushing the limits of the parts. Top end is a Farmertec special.. One thing I can say about them is I think the thermal expansion rates are higher in their alloys.. I overheated it once and it felt like the jug had expanded to the point there was no compression, it was fine once it cooled down again.

I could get a little more out of it at the top end, the exhaust duration could increase to make best use of the pipe but I wanted it to still be runnable without the pipe (I'm starting to think I'll change my mind about ever running it without the pipe)

That's sweet, thanks for sharing with us.
What length bar is that.

Latest posts

Back