Best way to carry fuel & bar oil when on foot..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
216681-woodwagon-jpg

That looks like a lot of trailer for that tractor....:D

On a related note, anyone tried using an old manure spreader as a firewood trailer? Good flotation tires and pull the beaters off and let the walking floor do its thing when unloading.

Duane(Pa)
More about laundry soap jugs: the ones with the push button spouts are awesome. Very little spillage. Had a guy hassle me at the gas station, so now I just prepare in private. New gas jugs suck with a few exceptions. Maybe the epa should take a lesson from the people making life easier for laundry maids? jmho DW

Slamm

Slamm

Addicted to ArboristSite
I too have tried the fabric softner bottles and they aren't as durable. The oil jugs will bend before they break, the fabric softner bottle just break.

I have on many occasions just thrown the jugs over briars or tops and then crawled around and got them later after I got through the mess, there are few other containers that can stand that sort of abuse on several occasions per day, and if they do break, your not out much moneywise, I can't remember ever breaking one though. I have had the saw chain cut through a couple when riding and rubbing nearby on a skidder or ATV. I sure have had some get squashed by skidders or trees falling on them after I forgot where I had put them or someone else had left them in a bad spot and we were dropping trees near each other.

I've posted this before, but my favorite bar oil jugs were those Jonsered clear round jugs, I had about a pallet of them and loved them for fuel/oil jugs, as they were clear and the plastic was tough. I still have one of those clear jugs, it is apart of my treasured set of fuel/oil jugs, LOL.

Now I'm using Stihl bar oil so I'm making the sets out of the orange jugs and I have some red caps from the Tractor Supply bar oil jugs, so I leave the black caps on the gas mix jug put the red caps on what is going to be the bar oil jug as a warning to not put oil in the gas tank, so that at a glance you aren't grabbing the wrong jug or pour gas into the bar oil jug or vice versus.

Sam

SPDRMNKY

SPDRMNKY

ArboristSite Dork
BTW for gypo jugs fabric softener bottles work well too and have a built in spout.

Now, that there is a fine idea. Those spouts pour well, and my wife goes through fabric softener almost as fast as I go through beer. :D :D

Now, why didn't I think of that? Genius!

agreed. gotta watch jug quality...the ones with the screw on spouts are worthless for fuel

I don't subject my jugs to the abuse a faller might, but I do take some walks when thinning...be adding a strap shortly.

thanks...reps comin' :D

Latest posts