Better Efficiency

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvdog31

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Do you get better efficiency if you use a plate heat exchanger or direct plumb to system? I have hot water baseboard heat.

Do you get better efficiency if you use a plate heat exchanger or direct plumb to system? I have hot water baseboard heat.

I can't answer your question but if you don't have any luck here try **********. There's a forum there called boiler room with lots of knowledgeable people.

The direct method would have tobe more efficient, but I have been known to be wrong once in a while.

I have hot water baseboard heat as well and use a plate exchanger. I like the idea of keeping the systems separated. The baseboard system stays pressurized and free of contaminates introduced by the boiler. A plate exchanger is extremely effecient as long as it's sized correctly. I have temp gauges on both sides of mine and they read virtually the same. I teed the heat exchanger into the existing propane boiler which was very easy. I've always wondered what effect the relationship of the height of a baseboard system compared to that of the water level in a non-pressurized outdoor boiler would be in a direct plumb system. For instance, heating a two or three story house with the boiler a ground level. Seemes like some of the water would drain back when the pump shuts off and create an air lock situation, not really sure.

Latest posts

Back