bidding

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Climbing

Depends on the job you are about to undertake.....ie simple pruning vs complicated/dangerous removal. I know the simplest of jobs requiring a climber and a ground guy start at $125 per hour give or take with the firm I am with.

If it is the $$$ per hour, here climbers start at a minimum of $15 per, with $18-21 being the norm.

I usually charge a fair price. Do you want a fair price for an employed climber, a tree service owner, or did a company give you a price to climb your trees that made your adams apple pop?

I am a new tree service owner in the midwest. We are hiring climbers. We have paid $500 per day for a climber and a helper. We have also paid $60 an hour. Seems like alot.

Like Jumper said, $15-$20 per hour for a climber EMPLOYEE is fair depending on his level of skill.
For a 'hired gun', going rate for a decent climber is $150 per day around here. EXCEPTIONAL climbers can make $300 on a good day, depending on the risk involved.
For a climber to show up for an hour and blow half his morning, $60 is fair. I won't show up for less than $75.
I get $150 per day but I don't have my own insurance yet. With my own insurance, I should be able to get $200 per day. I also have all my own equipment, ropes, saws, transportation, etc.

Back