Big Bar On The 7900???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TopJimmy said:
It is marked as a 12" bar. I think that the bar husky sells they call a 13", but I think they both have the same number of drivers (56). Without the spikes, mine has 12" of useable bar. ... Jim

That adds up, the 13"/33 cm bars that Husky, Jred and Stihl sell here all take 56 drivers, and and leave us with just slightly over 12" usable bar.

However I do think a 15" bar does make the balance noticably better, at least on the 353.....

:cheers:

Any guess how they determine what length bar to call it. It seems that if the useable portion of the bar is 12", then it should be a 12". The overall lenght of the bar must be well over 14", so why do they call it a 13"?

I have measured other bars and the usable lenght is usually close to the advertised lenght and have always wondered about the short husky bars.

Just curious.

Jim

I am eqally puzzeled by this as you - I have also noticed that my Husky 15" bar has an effective lenght of a full 15", but my 15" Stihl bar has about 14.5.

My 18" Stihl bar has an effective lenght of 18", though.

All without dawgs, of cource.

Last edited:
Back