Big Echo saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi R.o.M, reliability of the big Echo's is not a problem generally, provided the saw has been looked after, I have an Echo CS 900EVL (90 cc) that is 20+ years old and still cuts with the best of them. I've only had to replace the kill switch plus the usual bars, chains and drive rim.

Which saw are you thinking of buying?

hth

zzr

Last edited:
this should probably be posted over in chainsaws, but...

No almost nothing about the big ones, but all the maintence trucks where I work have little Echo's in them for occasional brush clearing or getting small stuff out of the road. I will say they take a beating, and even unmaintained will start. I've gone into trucks where the saw has been sitting idle stuffed into a corner under a ton of equipment for maybe a year or more, dusted it off, pumped that little primer a few times, pull the choke and three pulls it starts. Old gas, God knows what mix ratio... they seem to work for the guys that only occasionally use them, most of whom know little about chain saws or how to maintain them. We had a guy add strait gas to one that had less than a quarter tank of (50:1?)mix left in it, and then ran that whole tank of VERY light mix. What would that make it... 200:1 mix? Didn't take it apart to look at the cylinder, but the saw still starts and runs fine, so it didn't seem to do that much damage.

Echo

Thanks guys

I have run the big stihl's and Huskies in the past, but really fancy a big Echo to do some planking, but, they are hard to find in here the UK.

I know the smaller Echo's are great, I run a couple for carving, using Cannon dime and quarter nosed bars.

Its trying to find a saw, which is proving harder that I first thought.

I was on another site about lawncare And a guy asked about buying a echo cs346, and if anyone had one.
I was amazed all these guys told him to stay away from the echo and buy a poulan.

I tried to tell them they lossed there minds, but everyone on the internet is a expert.

I have an old cs345 and I love that little saw.

i have an Echo CS-8000 that will be going up for sale once i get a set of rings ordered for it. the design of them is just flat impressive. the crank is comparable in size and weight to the Husky 2100. the cylinder design is also very similar to a husky with the protruding sleeve that fits into the crankcase.
everything on the saw is built big for severe duty. they have the torque to do milling no problem.

94TahoeLT said:
I was on another site about lawncare And a guy asked about buying a echo cs346, and if anyone had one.
I was amazed all these guys told him to stay away from the echo and buy a poulan.

I tried to tell them they lossed there minds, but everyone on the internet is a expert.

I have an old cs345 and I love that little saw.

I have a sc345 myself and it's a great little saw.

Back