big fir vid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice tree. I would suggest you make your back cut a little higher though. I gotta admit, I really like dropping those big mamma's. After taking one of those down I usually set the saw down and pound on my chest.

yeah , back cut was supposed to be alittle higher but it came down quiteabit. it would have come out alitle over the center ofmy face if i could have held it flat.

im still workin on getn it perfect from the face to tree laying on the ground, ive got a few areas that need finetuneing

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yPqDuCP-Dc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yPqDuCP-Dc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

only the the second tree that ive attempted below the rd, the one went good

Nice crunch I love that sound!

yeah , back cut was supposed to be alittle higher but it came down quiteabit. it would have come out alitle over the center ofmy face if i could have held it flat.

im still workin on getn it perfect from the face to tree laying on the ground, ive got a few areas that need finetuneing

you have to steer the saw in the cerf. Takes practic!

yup practice practice ppractice makes closer to perfect

idaho. saw is 066 32"

Hello again Evan, was wondering about that 066?
I have an 066, have'nt torn into it, but I'm not to impressed with it. I have an 064 that will flat out cut circles around my 066!
What did you do to your's?
I think I need to beef up my 066, or trade it for another 064!?:laugh:

widend intake and exhaust, widended upper transfers to the intake, blended lowere transfers to the floor. running gasketless squish is 020ish compression is only 135ish but she pull chips for an entire 30"s of wood like a freight train and hangs with my small saws in small wood.

i like it alot and couldnt see a stock 064 hanging with it modded i believe a 064 would be right at the same if not faster depending on the porting

widend to the witness line in cyclinder
GEDC1875.jpg

well tryn to stay off it alittle bit, could go wider and still be a good solid work saw. this is mild in my mind

K7nut
i got to wondering, if you have newer 066 it might have serverly restricked muffler compared to the 064

Last edited:
K7nut
i got to wondering, if you have newer 066 it might have serverly restricked muffler compared to the 064

Thanks for the info Evan. I have not done that kind of work on my saws yet, I think I need to learn? I'm not sure weither it's newer or not, have to pull the ser. and check. I think I may poke around the muffler tomorrow and see. I would really like it to be at least close to my 064!?

Geoff

Na, Im not the beat around the bush type so I cant make heads or tails of it.
LOL your definately right...Its your lack of big world experience that makes you lacking in little world experience...well now that I think about it, you aren't old enough to have really much real world experience in much except running your mouth. However, I'll give you credit..you are good at that.

never been called broccoli boy before...what is that like? Sooner or later you have to realize your ignorance....but I've seen it is not the right time.

Evan, Where have you been. It's been awhile since you posted. Glad your back. Good job on the tree. I have never attempted that yet. Might need to make a trip your way as we don't have many biggun's around here.

Latest posts

Back