big saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked this Echo 900 up today, only given it the Dano start test outside my garage, probably will not see wood until the WKY GTG at the end of September.

Echo900EVL6_zpscd24edc5.jpg

Tlandrum 385 ubtill

Ilucked into a 385 xp ported by Terry. It's really a blast running htat saw in wood. When I get back the 2188 he is working on it will be a tough choice.

Funny thing, my 346XP ported by Mastermind is the hardest to pull without comp. It acts like a big saw. But for cutting anything over about 25" the 385 shines.

When the 2188 comes home it really won't be fair, seeing how Red and Black pumps up the revs and HP.

:msp_tongue:

Last edited:
088 unimpressed for the weight. Won't buy one. It was all fresh Stihl and muf mod exit. I hate my 660's. Built an OEM 046 (not run yet). Another BB quad port ms460 dp muf. No real opinion yet. Needs to be cut, ported and advanced, three tanks so far. Pulls good. Same thing in a 6400 to 8400 Mik.

Got nuttin else to say but, find me a cheap 80+cc basket case to play with. Something liken to a Z5000 and will see.

Out of the two I've had/have. The J-red 820 pulled hard. But I prefer my 660 mag. Actually it's the only saw I really use.

For now it has to be my Jred 2095, which is mooberized.

Was funny as I was cutting wood a couple of weeks back, and the slackers sitting in the shack in front of the open fire could only hear a saw run occasionally.

That was when the 2095 or 261 (also ported) got a run, rather than the stock 576xp which did most of the work. Made the sound carry round the hill and about 2km..... :hmm3grin2orange:

Maybe I shouldn't noodle with the 2095 in suburbia :msp_ohmy:

I'll vouch for that 2095. It is insane, absolutely scary in the cut.:rock:

Just picked this Echo 900 up today, only given it the Dano start test outside my garage, probably will not see wood until the WKY GTG at the end of September.

Echo900EVL6_zpscd24edc5.jpg

Dano approved testing!:dizzy: - that's good enough for me. :potstir:

Last edited:
I use my MS660. I have had a Stihl 070 for a while now but haven't encountered anything worthy of hauling it to a jobsite. Ironically I started the 070 in the shop today just to make sure it still worked and I needed to hear some chainsaw noise instead of just the rain beating on the roof. While I was doing that, I was thankful that Dano takes all the heat for something many of us do.

SACHS DOLMAR 166 is my daily saw for big eucalyptus,torquey ,loads of grunt saw.,heavy beast, but for its intended use' ie 'huge trunks,big hardwood sawlogs and blocking big timber it,ll do me :msp_wink: Had a 66 magnum ,didn,t like it,got rid of it.Husky 2100 was a great saw had it for years and years ,could,nt kill it with a big stick :msp_thumbup: I just seem to favour older style big saws. :cheers:

I do like me a 6 cube Husky!

For milling duty the SD 152/153 are my go to saws (because I don't have a 166!)

Latest posts

Back